Wanted-Interior door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted-Interior door handles

I'll appologise in advance as I will be placing heaps of wanted ads as I hunt for parts.

I believe they are hard to find but I'm looking for a pair of interior arm rest/ door handles.

Keen to hear from anyone who has some or tips on where to get them

Cheers
    Ash
    1971 911E
    1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

No one seems to have come back to you so I'll have a go

Armrests/door-pulls are asymmetric... Driver side never got a pull, only the rest. However a very common upgrade back in the day was to order a LHD passenger door-pull for your RHD car and vice-versa. Doing this gave the best of both worlds. The problem now is that original RHD passenger door-pulls are highly coveted by the LHD world and are extremely hard to find, which makes restoring a RHD hard. Make sense?

There are very good reproductions now available, but not cheap. I did the conversion to my car using a LHD component so that I have pulls on both doors. This has left me with two "driver" armrests (no pulls) in a box somewhere in a Brisbane storage shed. You're welcome to them when I eventually retrieve all my parts later in the year.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks for the info John that is something I wouldn't have stumbled across on the web
      Yes it interested when you get them along with other parts you may have

I have seen your build thread which is awesome, I get up to port every month for work and if you have the time it would be great to catch up to pick your brain and have a look at what you have done
      1971 911E

Comment

ash
        what about RS style door cards and door pulls, depends on what look you are going for, totally original or ?
        plenty of options if you go the RS way.
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I have a set of rs style ones but not really the look I'm after is rather a close to original look
          1971 911E

Comment

Let me know when you're in Port and I'd be happy to catch up. Though at the moment I'm working out of Kempsie whilst the Port Office is still being constructed (It's worth the wait for the views )

Cars won't be here for a little while though as we still haven't found a place to buy yet.

As Craig is suggesting, there are quite a few "cheats" that will get your car on the road and looking period correct whilst you source the correct stuff. Not that long ago the exercise would be pretty simple, but now it's really hard ($) work sourcing correct components. Even guys like me who used to freely give stuff away that I'm not using are having to reassess based on future needs. There's a few things I've given away now that I think "Sh!t, shouldn't have done that"

There are many more quality reproduction parts now available as a result of these cars soaring popularity and collectability which means you can get a car very close to perfect, but it does mean serious spending now
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
            X