X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who nabbed the 911E ...?

In Buderim QLD?

Comment

Yes saw that car first thing this morning before I headed to Melbourne. Looked very much like the car the converted and rusty ex Duttons car that sat on car sales in Melbourne for 18mths or more. ( could be wrong tho my computer is only showing pixilated images at the moment)

Comment

Aussie delivered 911E (confirmed) sold to somebody in NSW for above the asking price. Two seperate interested parties drove to Qld this morning, so I assume a mini auction happened. The car was owned by the same owner for 27years, engine upgraded to 2.7 but the owner didn't have or know the whereabouts of the original engine. I think someone just got themselves are good car.
        Peter D

TYP901# 233
        911T Coupe 68
        911E Targa 73
        911E Coupe 72 (sold)
        1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

How wrong was I. Someone nabbed an absolute bargain.

Comment

I know the story but I will wait for the interested party to share his story first!

Comment

I know of at least one local person from QLD who drove there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                I know the story but I will wait for the interested party to share his story first!
                901 Member? It seems that the old lady did the right thing, she even had an over the phone offer from Melbourne to buy it sight unseen but didn't sell it until the 1st caller came to see the car.
                Peter D

TYP901# 233
                911T Coupe 68
                911E Targa 73
                911E Coupe 72 (sold)
                1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Was a sporto too!

Comment

Cheap Cheap!
                    Cam Arnott
                    Looking for engine #6208151
                    1970 911E (Sold)
                    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                    2 x Split Screen Kombis
                    TYP 901 Register # 78
                    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I was the second caller..familiar story.... sold to a chap from Sydney living in Brisbane for $70K. Car was delivered in ivory colour with beige interior and was non matching although genuine RHD Aussie delivered . The purchaser scored a bargain I think! engine in car is from 72s US spec apparently

Webasto sunroof and the non original interior was a bit much though....the search continues...

Comment

I went and looked at the car yesterday and did the quickest inspection ever (10 min), as I had a family commitment back in Brisbane.
                        The engine case was indeed from a 72S, although it had an E air shroud and carbs, so my takeaway was that it was a bitsa engine. Hopefully for the new owner it proves to be okay.
                        The engine mounting bar had two massive bends in it, indicating that excessive force was used to shoe horn the engine in. These tell tale indicators were enough to stop me progressing further...
                        On the good side, the car had a rebuilt sporto gearbox, and was by far the smoothest sporto boxed car I've driven.
                        The body was okay, nothing great.
                        From my very quick inspection: All in all a good car, but with dubious mechanical history and in need of a bit of TLC.

Comment

I read the advert.
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                          X