Armrests texture - swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armrests texture - swap?

Hi, I managed to find drivers and passengers armrests with handles for my car - i hadn't actually put them side by side and now notice the textures are distinctly different - can anybody shed any light on this please?

Thanks

Julian
    Attached Files

Julian the one on the right looks greatly like the best 'correct' German vinyl I could buy for my 911 and 356. The one on the left may well be original but the texture is somewhat hidden with accumulated dust and so on. Was it on the driver's side? It may also be a bit worn down or damaged more by perspiration over the years. Try some Leatherique Pristine Clean and then compare maybe?

Comment

I'll give it a try Merv, but I've seen it's non-handle partner and it has the same texture, and is cleaner?

Cheers

Comment

It is hard to tell in photos Julian and vinyl can be slightly different in different batches for some reason. I gather that you can't recover those as you can on the 68? On yours the vinyl seems moulded on.

Comment

I dont think you can Merv......may have to live with it

Comment

Left looks like a dashboard doctor, recover right one looks original.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
            X