Dutton 1972 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutton 1972 911S

Have I missed a previous discussion thread on this one?

1972 Porsche 911 S - Resplendent in Viper green with black leatherette and Houndstooth inserts. Over the years the car has remained largely untouched, and today presents as an extremely sought after rarity in its current original specification. For sale at Dutton Garage.

As a general comment, Dutton have more early 911s on their books than we have seen for some time. Market finally cooling perhaps?

1972 911S
    1967 911S SWB
    1972 911E (orange)
    1972 911E (silver)
    1969 911T (white with black interior)
    1969 911 E (sporto)
    1969 911T (white with red interior)
    Last edited by Terminator; 09-03-16, 09:26 PM.

Nick
    that "Pat Burke" car has been discussed a few times in the past 5 years or so. It seems to be changing hands more frequently now (and I understand the current ask is about $550K). The last time i saw it there was August 2015 but i am not sure if it sold back then and is for sale again or is just being re-offered. It was at the CTS a couple of times about 10 years ago but has been down here on Victorian registration now since about 2010.

I agree that there are a lot of early cars there but I am not sure it is a sign the market is cooling. Some of the prices being asked (to me ) are staggering (the tangerine 72E apparently has a price of $350K on it) and some of the cars seem to be " trading stock" for one or more people. Clyde may have further insight but for example on of the white cars (black interior) was sold to Duttons in may last year, they had it for about a week and someone on this board bought it for the engine (that was a match for their car) then it was later sold back to dutton etc. The white and red one has a similar rapid turnover of owners in the first part of last year and was sold by Dutton in may. I understand that the silver car, the white and red car and the 68S are / were owned by one person and he has been offering them since september at very high prices (they were a subject of a thread at the end of last year when they were sitting at Lorbek with a price of $489K for the 68S, $220K for the white T (after it sold for not much more than half that 6 months earlier) and $320K for the silver E.

the white 69E belongs/ belonged to a board member (the same one who bought the white car for its engine and resold it) and has been at Duttons since December. I dont know the ask on that one. Maybe he will chime in with his views on where the market is on these cars at present.

Cars NOT selling at those prices, to me, are not a sign of a slowing market, just the sign of a lack of total stupidity in the market and of unrealistic vendor expectations.
    Last edited by HughH; 09-03-16, 06:45 PM.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh,

Said person who was buying those cars turns out to be working for Duttons some people were taken on a fairy tale story

I think George wants to own every small bumper car there is to control the market.

Based on what I heard today the market has not cooled at all
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
        Have I missed a previous discussion thread on this one?

1972 Porsche 911 S - Resplendent in Viper green with black leatherette and Houndstooth inserts. Over the years the car has remained largely untouched, and today presents as an extremely sought after rarity in its current original specification. For sale at Dutton Garage.

As a general comment, Dutton have more early 911s on their books than we have seen for some time. Market finally cooling perhaps?

1972 911S
        1967 911S SWB
        1972 911E (orange)
        1972 911E (silver)
        1969 911T (white with black interior)
        1969 911 E (sporto)
        1969 911T (white with red interior)
        They have many more than that too!!
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294