Swap? 69(?) Engine lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap? 69(?) Engine lid

I have- what I think is- a genuine 69 lid that I would like to swap for a 72 sporto lid and "Sportomatic" badge.

I bought the lid on ebay years ago- with the guy assuring me it was a 72- and stored it until recently when I discovered that it only has screws and mounts for 3 bars.... doh!

As far as I can tell it has no rust.

Can anyone help?

PS. The hinge has only been partially cleaned to show the original sepia.
    Attached Files
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

This grille from Stoddard shows screws on the centre bar and the 2 outside bars, the other 2 have rubber mounts.

Is this correct that 5 bar grilles do not have screw in all of them
    1971 911E
    1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Comment

My grille has 6 bolts and 4 rubber pads (actually only 3 at the moment) but there are supposed to be "tabs" on the lid for the pads to sit on.

Does the Stoddard grille come with a plate for the 2.4 badge? ("Concours correct"?)
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Ok I see what you mean now Bill it was a little hard to see in the second photo but I see it now.
        I recently picked up this lid, im no expert but I believe it to be a sporto due to the extra 3 holes for the badge that I was going to get welded up when the car goes in next month.
        I would have been happy to swap but I would then have the same problem.
        If you manage to get a good one with all tabs and want to swap for this one let me know.
        Attached Files
        1971 911E
        1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Comment

Working...
        X