Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 911E coupe for sale

PORSCHE 1972 911E COUPE FOR SALE

I have decided to put my 1972 911E coupe up for sale. I have owned this car for the past 13 years and am selling because I am looking to be sailing overseas for a few years and prefer to put the money into a larger boat. This car is an original RHD coupe initially delivered to the UK but imported to Australia a few years later. The car spent most of its life up till the late 1990’s in Adelaide where it was purchased by Mark Johnson who then removed the Turbo body kit and repainted it to its current Albert Blue.

The car has electric windows and an electric factory sunroof (including the rare manual tool for emergency use to close it should the electrics fail).
    The car is currently fitted with correct steel RS rear guards and bumpers, steel ‘S’ front spoiler and is virtually rust free save for a small bubble appearing at the base of the passenger side A pillar.

Since my ownership the car has been well sorted into the very quick and superb handling coupe it is today. Most of the work has been carried out by Phil Hearn of Auto Coupe which includes:

Full engine and gearbox rebuild including new P & C’s, SSI’s, new 964RS oil pump. Engine fully blueprinted and balanced, Bosch factory-rebuilt MFI pump, new clutch and pressure plate, new clutch Omega spring added (from G series) needing less effort to engage the clutch, Elephant racing front oil cooler and finned oil lines. Heads reworked with new valves and guides, polished ports. All tinware blasted and powder-coated. 911 S cams are also fitted giving the car plenty of breath once the revs pass 5000 all the way up to 7200 where the rev limiter cuts in. The engine should easily rev to 7800-8000 given how Phil has built it.

Full suspension rebuild including lowering approx. 20mm, front and rear factory sway bars, all new bushes and rubbers, brake refurbishment, front and rear camber set for ‘spirited’ driving. Wheels are Fuchs 7 & 8’s with relatively new rubber and were refinished by Classic Road & Track to original factory finish. A brand new fuel tank was also fitted.

I have just fitted brand new Lakewell carpets and had a lot of internal trim redone including door cards, rear parcel shelf etc. Seats are full leather BF Torino Nurbugring R with perforated centres. These could be swapped for the BF Torino Sports seats by arrangement with the new owner. The dash is near perfect with no cracks or splits and the speaker grille is original.

A MOMO prototipo wheel is fitted and the original leather covered Porsche wheel comes with the car. A Rennshifter is also fitted and the original shifter is also available. All new bushes are fitted to shift linkages making the gear change extremely positive and rattle-free. A spare black headliner to suit the sunroof is also included as it probably needs replacement soon.

Anybody who has followed me on a club run can attest to the aggressive stance and handling of this car as well as its power – if you have tried to keep up. The recent run up and back to Sydney has given the car plenty of exercise and its running like a swiss clock having had all the cobwebs blown during the drive over the Snowy Mountains highway.

Books include original Owners Manual, Factory Service Centre guide, plus a very complete documented history since I have owned the car. An original and complete factory toolkit is included with all the correct tools, spare fan belt and green dot Bilstein jack. A spare, brand new Bosch electric fuel pump is also included which is matched to the MFI system. This is a NOS pump, not a repro or rebuilt unit.

A Shannons Approved immobiliser and alarm is fitted with spare fob. 2 sets of keys are supplied with the car.

Offers over $220,000 are sought for this very well sorted 911E Coupe and if you are after an early 911 that’s ready to drive hard straight away, this is the car for you.

I will bring the car along on the next club drive on 22 May for anyone interested to look at it and maybe ride along for a few km’s to understand how well it goes and handles.

Pls PM me or email to phil at lasertechnology dot com dot au to discuss your interest.
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

72 911E for sale

More images
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

72 911E for sale

some more images:
      Attached Files
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Was very surprised to see the For Sale sign on the car at Renn Sport.

I've always liked the look of the engine skirt too.

GLWS
        Doug
        IG: @porschepicto

Comment

I thought I would put it out there and did get 2 serious inquiries with one offer for $200K. My priorities are changing so time for some of the cars to go and a new path to pursue.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Good luck Phil. Maybe sail to Cuba

Comment

Good luck with the sale, Phil. It's a great car, I still remember all the runs you took it on way back in the early / mid 2000's.
              Damian Royce
              TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by stf911 View Post
                Good luck Phil. Maybe sail to Cuba
                Hi Sal, my brother is just back from Havana for a few months. Plan is to buy a boat in Florida and cruise the east Coast and Caribbean and will probably drop into Hemingway marina to visit him sometime.
                Last edited by e72phil; 15-05-16, 11:05 PM.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

That's the way to do it Phil. Buy the boat there in the US and bring it back. We looked at the Beneteaus after our last stint in up-state NY. They are so much cheaper there then here. Is there limit in time to buy overseas and bring back?

Comment

Phil's way too hardcore a sailor for a 'B' boat!

Good luck with the sale Phil; you're heading down a path I aspire to eventually. Noticed that entries are open for the 2018 Melb - Osaka yacht race which could dove tail nicely into your return leg.

What's the short list of vessels looking like?
                    Paul Wischer
                    1969 911T
                    1979 Californian Moke
                    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Merv, there is no time limit between buying and bringing a boat back to OZ - if thats what you are planning. My plan is probably not to bring it home but use it a few years then sell it over there. And I wouldnt trust a Beneteau to sail it back across the pacific. No where near strong enough - no matter what the brochures tell you.

Paul, a yacht (sailboat to US folks) is what i already have and am leaning towards a Nordhavn trawler style boat. Looking at N52 and N55's at present. Not a lot of change from US$1M though.

Currenty plan to sail our current yacht north to Qld very soon as its already up in Pittwater now. Been keen to spend a winter up north for a while now so this is the year to do it. Hence not a lot of time to drive any cars anymore.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Hey, that's my plan! Sell up in a few years, get a Nordhavn 47 or 55 (or by then a 52 or 60) and slowly work my way back to Aus. Living the dream!

If only I could cure my wife's tendancy to get sea sick....

Best of luck with the sale.
                        Cheers,
                        Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Comment

My god that is a lovely car.

Comment

Matt, are you a Nordhavn Dreamer too ? Do you have a current boat ?
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Figured you were going to trade up the Buizen. Never seen the attraction of stink boats but I admire the plan.

Phil's brought this car on several runs and as many will attest, it's extremely well sorted.
                              Paul Wischer
                              1969 911T
                              1979 Californian Moke
                              TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Working...
                              X