WTB Chrome exterior door handle without key for 73 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Chrome exterior door handle without key for 73 911

I am suddenly in need of a chrome exterior door handle for my 1973 911E. It is part 911 531 941 00 and fits both LHS and RHS

I would prefer one without the lock both for cost reasons and because I would be using my old lock anyway (or would have to have the new one re-keyed.)

The "trigger" snapped on mine today (see photos) and unless a trigger can be found (which I doubt) I think a new handle with associated parts but not the lock seems the best solution.

I have seen one handle available on line without the trigger and other parts but obviously that would not suit in these circumstances.
    Also I suspect that Porsche only sells new ones as a complete unit now (as the PN for the ones without a lock are shown as discontinued) although I have not called them yet
    Attached Files
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Pretty sure the triggers are available Hugh.

Might be Design 911 or someone in the UK but not 100% sure....I'll try to have a hunt around.
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Here you go - http://www.carpoint.de/turoffner-rie..._from_store=de

Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Thanks cam I saw a trigger available in polished aluminium in the US but am not sure how well it will fit / look in an otherwise chrome handle. If they look the same I would be happy to use them but with the value of these cars these days I would rather go for original instead of repro that did not look original ( I think it is OK to use Eric Linden's things as they are indistinguishable from original)

I just saw the car point one that you posted while I was writing this. They look great and are chrome (and they always do quality stuff). Thanks. Will get onto them. Regards

Hugh
        Last edited by HughH; 03-08-16, 09:22 PM.
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh - just emailed you.

Comment

i wish I could have seen you climbing across from the passenger door in a suit
            Marcus
            TYP901 Member #81
            1972 911E

Comment

Luckily it is the passenger door that is broken. And you can still open it from the inside :-)
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
              X