Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5000 Reward / Finders Fee - 1971 911E Engine / Case #6210158

Dear Typ901 Forum Members

I am new to the forum and am the current owner of a 1971 911E project.

"Project" is an understatement.

The car started life as a beautiful light yellow (6262) coupe. Unfortunately, the car faired quite badly during the late 80s, receiving a "hair cut" (coupe converted to cab) and a horrific purple 959 body kit.

I have set myself the aspirational task of bringing this car back to its former glory. For those of your interested, my trials and tribulations are told via a PFA thread: http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9046-disrobing-klassssy-de-959-ing/?page=1

Anyway, I am looking for the original matching numbers engine or case for my 911E.

The matching number engine in #6210158.

If you can find the engine (in any condition or any country!), and I purchase the engine from the owner, I'll pay you $5000 CASH!

If you find just the engine cases, and I purchase the cases from the owner, you still get $5000!

My 911E is a Californian car and was imported into Australia in the late 70s/early 80s. The matching number engine was removed from the car before 1990 and I have been unable to determine whether or not the car arrived in Australia with the matching engine.

I hope you can help me find the engine/cases!

Cheers

Jono

Welcome Jono and good luck with your search. I take it you have searched the 911s Registry data base?

Comment

I guess that means my post referring to the thing being for sale on the weekend is now irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
        I guess that means my post referring to the thing being for sale on the weekend is now irrelevant?
        Welcome Jono. Keep us posted on the resto and prove to us all that that it can be done.

Big job and hope you find the engine but if it was me I would spend the extra $5k on horsepower, obviously after panels, paint and the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
          Welcome Jono. Keep us posted on the resto and prove to us all that that it can be done.

Big job and hope you find the engine but if it was me I would spend the extra $5k on horsepower, obviously after panels, paint and the roof.
          Welcome Jono, I agree with Jim! That way you wont feel so stressed throughout the build trying to make everything 'factory' original again.
          looking forward to watching things progress
          Mickc

65’ 912/6
          70’ 911T coupe
          00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Working...
          X