WTB - Steel wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Steel wheels

I am after a set of the standard steel wheels. Condition is not really important, as I want to widen them.
    There must be a set out there!

matt

i just bought 2 from my mechanic and 2 from lisa at spyder. i'd try calling a few porsche mechanics or wreckers and ask what they have lying around.

ps. neales wheels reckon they can knock off the outers and weld on new ones in 6 or 7" widths no problem. then its off to the powder coaters for a silver or black finish.

Comment

Ahh Ryan, great minds think alike!! I have been searching for a set for a while now. And yes, I have spoken to Neales wheels. My only problem will be,you guessed, black or silver.... Very funny.

Comment

i'll do one, you do the other and then we can swap if either doesn't like their look

however, if we both like the same look, then one of us is heading back to the powdercoaters...

i'm thinking silver is the way to go for your (dark) car and black may be better on my (light) car - whatever colour it turns out...

ps: who made your cage? bond?

Comment

I had a set which I sold about 12 months ago... I got sick of tripping over them in the garage..
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Ryan. I really am not sure if it will be black or silver. I was leaning towards black, for that tough vintage look. However, silver is a bit more of the Porsche style. Let me know how you go. I dont think I will get them done for a while yet, it will be great to see how yours turn out.
            P.S. I will go for a 7 inch width (a little less than R' backspacing. I was thinking of squeezing 215/60 's on the back..nice and meaty, and 205/60 on the front.

Comment

Sorry Ryan, I've had the cage for a few years. It is a bolt in half cage. It appears to be very similar to the factory style of the period. No idea who made it.

Comment

Letting you all know that I now have a perfect set of steel wheels, thanks to a fellow registry member.
                Ryan, they are at the powdercoater's now. They will be silver. Let me know how you go with yours. I'll post some pics when mine are fitted.

Comment

Working...
                X