Nice colour...! Is it Ossi Blue?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

that looks like it could be a great buy.
    Ossi blue is much darker, dont know what this is.

Anyone gonna check this out over the classic adelaide weekend?

Comment

I agree with Tony, this car appears well worth looking at for anyone in the market to buy (Costas?). Obviously has a few modifications such as, front spoiler, rear flares (maybe running 7's or 8's on the rear), 2.7 motor. Looks to have door pockets - bonus.
      The colour looks very similar to Mexico Blue (introduced in 1974), which I had on a previous '69S - a beautiful colour. Or it could be Glacier Blue - a 1970-73 colour.
      Adelaide prices seem a little less than those in Vic, (or was the case when I bought KYJ back in 2001) so the price appears very reasonable - especially if there are no rust or mechanical problems to resolve with $$$.
      If I had the money, (unfortunately I haven't) I would seriously consider buying it for club track events such as PI regularity etc.
      Last edited by MrUpwey; 06-11-06, 11:05 AM.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

looks like pastel blue to me - same colour as my project car/pile o' parts...

nice colour - slightly darker than gulf blue

Comment

Pastel, Glacier, Mexico - all very similar. But at least we know it's BLUE.
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I've asked for more details so I'll keep you posted
            Cam Arnott
            1970 911E (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Here 'tis

Cameron,
              VIN is 9111100102
              eng is 46149171
              The engine work was done 2 owners ago I believe his name was Hansen.
              Please speak to Mark Buik at BUIK Motorworks 0884105099 for mechanical details.
              I believe it is a 915 box, but depending on the purpose of your purchase I would suggest it would be something to look at.
              I have only owned for 4yrs - never raced, just weekend toy - now have kids.
              Vey reliable - have had no issues. I completed alot of electrical work so now everything works and fitted VDO CD.
              I had the FUCH wheels blasted and painted and are as new, that is why I have a spare set of rims (honeycomb pattern black and a little wider than the Fuch)

I reckon this car was one I had a flying look at before getting on a plane and it seemed pretty tidy then, but I wasn't quite ready to buy at that stage. The extra photos he sent through show a pretty bloody tidy looking interior. Rear guards do appear to have been flared. Happy to send the photos through to anyone who is thinking about this one. Looks like a 901 shifter so not sure about the 915 comments above. LOVING THAT COLOUR!!!!!
              Last edited by CamBiscuit; 06-11-06, 10:00 PM.
              Cam Arnott
              1970 911E (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

71T update

guys

requested some additional photos and had my mechanic ask a couple of questions on my behalf. engine is 2.7 CIS and gearbox is 901.
                Attached Files
                Craig
                12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                1972 2.4E Targa project
                1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

It already has flares, and the motor is already 2.7 - would make a nice RS replica for someone with little more cosmetic effort (and MFI if you want to go all the way).

Comment

I gather then because of the CIS that it has a donor engine rather than the original being built up to a 2.7. Any word on the original engine?
                    Still seems like a lot of car for the money.

Comment

Mmm... missed the CIS part. Interesting - must be a mid-year donor (unlikely to be a built up 73.5T)

Comment

Working...
                      X