Brake warning light circuit 79SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake warning light circuit 79SC

Hi does anyone have the circuit diagram for the dash brake warning light on an Australian delivered 79SC.built 2/79. Have checked the fluid reservoir and the light is permanently on regardless of whether the circuit is open or closed at the float activated switch on top of the reservoir cap.

Could it be the pressure switch rather than the fluid level switch?

Comment

Thx Chris Car had been in storage for about 5 years prior to being recommissioned by The Healey Factory on behalf of the owner. Where do I find the pressure switch to check. I can't see anything under the boot. I guess it will be behind the footwell around the pedals. Had problems last time I drove it but with a reservoir top up was all good now the light has come back on again.

Comment

I reckon you will see two switches on the drivers side of the master cylinder.
        You will have to remove the front trunk carpet and bulkhead cover to get good access.
        These switches are a common issue.

Comment

Thanks Chris
          I was at the back of the speedo a couple of mths back as I was looking to see if it was cable drive or electronic. I must have knocked the one connector plug closest to the dash and when I looked just now it had beome disconnected. All working now thanks again a quick cheap fix for once. Altready had the bulkhead cover removed pending speedo repairs.
          Nev

Comment

Working...
          X