TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on the workings of a Warm up regulator on a 83 sc 3 litre .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on the workings of a Warm up regulator on a 83 sc 3 litre .

Ive been having some issues with my car , in particular cold starting. It turns over and fires as expected , then drops its rev's to the point of almost stalling and backfiring . After about 3 to five seconds of this it resorts back to a lumpy idle which i would describe as pulsing. It does get better as the car warms but is still there even when the car his fully warmed up. Over the past few months I've replaced rotor and cap. Replaced spark plugs. Installed new injectors. Checked all vacuum hoses for leaks. Instal a pop off valve just in case. The car is running better but the problem still exists. I have been looking into other areas and noticed today that the car starts and runs much smoother with the vacuum hose disconnected from the Warm up regulator. I took it for a drive with the vacuum hose plugged and it had cured the issue.( although it does idle marginally higher ) I then pulled it apart the WUR and cleaned inside …put back together and its still pulses with the vacuum hose connected and runs beautifully with it disconnected. Obviously the WUR is not working properly and ill try to fix or replace ,but in the mean time am i likely to cause any further problems by leaving the Vacuum line disconnected? Thanks in advance……The joys of having a later engine in an earlier car.
    Mick

Hi Mick
    I had an issue with our 86 carrera. It was driving well but at idle it was missing. It turned out that it was sucking air in through the inlet manifold gaskets. Apparantly a common issue in my case I was able to retighten the manifold gaskets and the isue was gone. Otherwise it would have needed the manifold gaskets replacing. Not sure this is your issue but a good thing to check by spraying some CR66 onto the manifolds while the car is running. Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev, I have gone through that whole process with leaks in the Vacuum lines and all appears good on that front. I believe it is the WUR and My concern is if that if i disable it ( By disconnecting the vacuum line) it may cause other issues in the future even though it runs much better in this configuration . My understanding is that any cause or effect from the vacuum on the WUR is negated when the engine is up to operating temperature ?
      Mick

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X