No announcement yet.

New discussion forum for IB cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone send a pic or identifying description for the correct whale tail to fit an 86 Carrera.
    I have a correct whale talil on my 78/79 Australian delivered 930 Turbo and the 84 Carrera I just sold (by mistake) had a correct tail for the year. Recently sourced a factory RHD Australian Personal Import complianced ex Honk Kong mint 86 Carrera Cabriolet in Grand Prix white with full Autohaus Hamiltons service history and just 40,000 genuine miles.
    Fishy has put me on to a whale tail but what and when did they change?? How can I tell what is correct for an 86 build ex HK (Asia Pacific delivery)

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
      Got lost in the moment....
      This is all adding to the provenance of Mitchell's car ...

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
        Can anyone send a pic or identifying description for the correct whale tail to fit an 86 Carrera.
        I have a correct whale talil on my 78/79 Australian delivered 930 Turbo and the 84 Carrera I just sold (by mistake) had a correct tail for the year. Recently sourced a factory RHD Australian Personal Import complianced ex Honk Kong mint 86 Carrera Cabriolet in Grand Prix white with full Autohaus Hamiltons service history and just 40,000 genuine miles.
        Fishy has put me on to a whale tail but what and when did they change?? How can I tell what is correct for an 86 build ex HK (Asia Pacific delivery)
        I have always thought Cabs (and especially Targas) look much better without a tail, IMHO.....was it ordered with one new?

Comment

It seems that it was delivered as a pretty standard delivery. Porsche Australia confirm delivery details LSD, electric roof, leather trim etc but looking at the boot lid with factory code sticker never a whale tail. If I am going to keep it would like a bit of personlity.

Comment

Working...
          X