Quarter window 'sealing strap'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarter window 'sealing strap'?

I'm just about to put my rear window trims on, and I note that the 74-77 katalog has a 'sealing strap' between the trim and the body. Interestingly, the 69-73 katalog doesn't have the sealing strap identified, so can anyone tell me what it is? Porsche said it's available for $60 a roll, so I want to identify what it is, how it works, and if there is value in putting it on.
    See item 30 in the diagram...
    Scotty

70 911S coupé
    74 BMW 3.0 CS
    78 911SC coupé
    87 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI

Instagram - @aircooledlist

Scotts,

It's just the 3M dum dum tape, or terostat tape, like what is on your fenders when you place them on the car.
    Tony Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
      I'm just about to put my rear window trims on, and I note that the 74-77 katalog has a 'sealing strap' between the trim and the body. Interestingly, the 69-73 katalog doesn't have the sealing strap identified, so can anyone tell me what it is? Porsche said it's available for $60 a roll, so I want to identify what it is, how it works, and if there is value in putting it on.
      See item 30 in the diagram...
      Scotty, I've got a roll, you're welcome to what you need. Mine doesn't have it, but it also doesn't have the washers/spacers so the aluminium strip is puckered in where the screws are. I don't have any leaking, but figured when I sort the windows out I may as well put it back in.

I'll grab it and take it into work in case you need it.
      Simon Ravenscroft
      --
      '67 912 (gone back to its original home)
      '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

Tony - thanks. Only heard of DumDum tape for first time yesterday. Funny how these things happen.
        Simon - many thanks mate - will take you up on that kind offer. Swap for a lunch of course
        Scotty

70 911S coupé
        74 BMW 3.0 CS
        78 911SC coupé
        87 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI

Instagram - @aircooledlist

Comment

Working...
        X