7" cookie cutters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7" cookie cutters?

The rears on my 74 are 7", with 6" fronts. Is this normal? I thought they'd all be 6s?

It is normal, is on my car anyway.

Comment

Well there you go... I thought the same thing too Mitchell. You learn new things about these cars every day.

As an aside - and there is no intent to thread hijack here - I'm looking for a set of cookies if any readers have any lying around...

Comment

Couldn't give them away a few years back. Now everyone seems to want them again - for correctness. For the record, I do like them on the g-series cars.
        Damian Royce
        TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
          The rears on my 74 are 7", with 6" fronts. Is this normal? I thought they'd all be 6s?
          Highly likely they were 7's ex factory.

The 73 targas that came in mostly had cookie cutters and they had 7 inch rears.

I had a set and they wouldn't fit on the rear of my swb.
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
            Well there you go... I thought the same thing too Mitchell. You learn new things about these cars every day.

As an aside - and there is no intent to thread hijack here - I'm looking for a set of cookies if any readers have any lying around...
            Scotty,

I know of a set or two... I was just speaking to a fellow tonight with some. 6's I believe.

Pm me your details and I'll forward your details to him.

Justin
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1961 356B #114700

Comment

I like them on my car which is all original. Very 70s.

Would they have come with 185/70s on the back as well?

Comment

Oh and feel free to hijack away Scotty

Comment

I am not sure about 7's factory fitted on a 74 car with narrow guards. They fit with right tyre sizing but would very much doubt they came on the car.(see pics from 74 brochure)
                  Stand to be corrected.
                  Attached Files
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Sean, what you've highlighted is where my head was at with the narrow G having 6's all round rather than 7's. I actually thought it was only the Carrera 3.0 (75-77) and perhaps early SC that came with 7's?
                    Damian Royce

Comment

the 7's had a different offset - a bit like 7r wheels for short wheelbases.

2 friends in Sydney with 2.4 Targas have 7 inch rear cookie cutters on them.
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1961 356B #114700

Comment

Makes sense...
                        Damian Royce

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
                          the 7's had a different offset - a bit like 7r wheels for short wheelbases.

2 friends in Sydney with 2.4 Targas have 7 inch rear cookie cutters on them.
                          I just looked at online parts catalog, 911.361.023.50 (7x15 cutter) does not appear in the longhood section but does in 74 onward listed on 2.7 Carrera. I will check my hard copy over weekend.
                          Would be interesting to see the offset and part number on your friends Tagga's.
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

For what it's worth, my long hood 73 targa had 6" cookie cutters all round, I put Fuchs on but have cookies stashed away

Comment

My 7s are 911.361.023.54. They have 80 inside a circle which I guess is date 1980. Can't see offset on wheel but Google tells me offset is +23 (Google also tells me that German word for cookie cutter is "Hackmesser"). I have 2 X 6s are 911361023.44 (1978?) which Google tells me have offset of +36, and 1 X 6 911.361.023.10 (1973) which I also believe is +36. Last 2 digits of wheel part numbers seem to vary with paint/unpainted.

Interesting (IMHO) 1985 service bulletin here:

7R offset is +49 which I think means on the 7s I have the extra width sticks OUT further vs 7Rs having the extra width INSIDE so can't see how they fit within narrow guards but then again seems people use spacers on 7Rs. The 7s are running pretty tame 205/60 and the car is full standard height and fit no worries.

Just to confuse things more I have 2 16x7 and 2 16x8 Fuchs with 205/50 and 225/50 on my SC flared 71T - any opinions on whether the 225s would fit on rear of the 74 with standard arches? I guess the 205s wd?

And to answer my own question I reckon the only one of my Hackmessers which could be as per original is the 73 6".

Comment

Working...
                              X