Hong Kong delivery HP rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hong Kong delivery HP rating

Looking for some factual information relating to what the HP rating was for Hong Kong market. My 86 Carrera was delivered thru Jensen Motors on 29 8 1986 to Polymide international Co LTD. Grand Prix White with black leather int, it has been confirmed as matching numbers thru Porsche Australia with a long list of options including LSD, power hood etc. Can anyone confirm that Hong Kong recieved the 232 HP version. For the record the car has a persononal import Approval tag dated 9/90 and was first serviced by Scuderie Veloce on 4/3/92 at 3,676 miles only and is now reading just 42,000miles with 11 services by Autohaus Hamilton in between.
    Thanks Neville

Neville, I'm 99% sure that the HK cars were 231HP
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Neville
      the HK delivered cars would be to UK spec at the time.My books etc say that the only NON 231 cars were for Japan and the USA. a quick was to check would be the engine type. yours should be a 930/20 engine which was the 231hp one (with a 10.3:1 compression ratio so would appreciate premium fuel)
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks Cam and thanks Hugh. I was sure Clyde had mentioned that apart from humidity issues that can be encountered with long term Hong Kong cars they were identical to Australian delivered ones. Checked the casing stamp and it is definitely 930/20 so it is the 231HP version.

Comment

My info is the same as Hugh's. All HK cars showed as UK spec, as it was then.

Comment

Working...
          X