• Show
Clear All

Just Joined - My 1986 3.2

My new and first Porsche project. Here I go
    Attached Files

Hi Rentro and welcome.

Do you have a real name ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Why do you call it a projeect, from the 3 posted shots I dont see a lot wrong with it!! Did you buy it from SA?
      Nev

Comment

Hi Rentro - did that car originally come from QLD (a year ago?)

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Hi Rentro and welcome.

Do you have a real name ?

Hi Phil

Readily available on Rentro's profile page (http://www.typ901.org/member.php?u=413 under 'about me')...

R
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks everyone. I brought the car here in Melbourne a couple of months ago. I call it a project as its my first dive into Porsche ownership and a classic type car at that. I have identified internal cosmetic rejuvenation of the front seats, steering wheel and door gear that I intend to do. I have just completed updating the stereo and speakers but the front wiring on the drivers door needs a look at (they truly had their day. No original head unit) and changed over the tie rods to a turbo set followed by full front to rear wheel alignment. Major job that alignment. Handles a treat now.

Following all that I expect there may be other things to be done as I set about driving it weekly to shake out any cobwebs. A respray possibly at some stage. So I guess not a major project by most peoples resto standards on this forum but none the less it has so far consumed much time and effort researching the net and getting it to key people to do the work. Im looking to keep its looks original as possible but to add to its performance over time.

One question I have is would people recommend I remove or leave the window tinting. I think it would look better without the tint but does it really matter. its an 80's car after all. Cheers

Comment

Not the same car Merv.

Regards

Comment

I believe the car that Merv was referring to sold into SA and was onsold within 6 mths.
                Rentro you will find that a few boys in the 901 club have IB cars. You will find they are great machines and the supply of parts is much easier to come by. And yes you will while away hours on the net researching parts, suppliers and history. Particularly the production changes year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rentro the Remote View Post
                  Thanks everyone. I brought the car here in Melbourne a couple of months ago. I call it a project as its my first dive into Porsche ownership and a classic type car at that. I have identified internal cosmetic rejuvenation of the front seats, steering wheel and door gear that I intend to do. I have just completed updating the stereo and speakers but the front wiring on the drivers door needs a look at (they truly had their day. No original head unit) and changed over the tie rods to a turbo set followed by full front to rear wheel alignment. Major job that alignment. Handles a treat now.

Following all that I expect there may be other things to be done as I set about driving it weekly to shake out any cobwebs. A respray possibly at some stage. So I guess not a major project by most peoples resto standards on this forum but none the less it has so far consumed much time and effort researching the net and getting it to key people to do the work. Im looking to keep its looks original as possible but to add to its performance over time.

One question I have is would people recommend I remove or leave the window tinting. I think it would look better without the tint but does it really matter. its an 80's car after all. Cheers
                  The windows will most likely be tinted glass anyway so given the darker color I would leave it alone
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by dsteel View Post
                    Not the same car Merv.

Regards
                    Thanks Dylan. Yes I noticed the seats were different later.

Rentro are you still looking for an early 911?

Comment

Welcome Michael

Comment

Welcome on board Michael, nice car.

Comment

Working...
                        X