New ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ride

I recently purchased this rare Aussie 1988 3.2 Club Sport ex Alan Hamilton presonal car that Mark Johnson found in SA last year.

One of only 3 imported, this is the first one (I have a 1st now Stew) comes with body deadner delete and light securit glass as ordered by Alan from the factory and it's original RUF exhaust that he added.

Story goes he flipped this car without so much as damaging a panel, landed back on its wheels without contact with terra firma and Dave Belford cannot fault the original paintwork. Cool story.

David has done a wonderful job making the exterior look as new and it truly does.

87,000 original km, 4 owners including Alan all books tools etc.

Club member David Piva has been kind enough to talk to Alan about the car and to relate the info to me

Looking forward to driving it.
    Attached Files
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Nice pick up Clyde. I am not sure the I can accept the flip over story but if you say so I am in. Sounds like the perfect landing but ouch.
    Nev

Comment

Neville You should have been able to hear the conversation - Stones throw from you
      Spent a few hours last Saturday with Alan and he genuinely flipped one of his two Clubsports at Mt Cotton - The roof sustained hail like damage on the roof before the customers got there. Rather than telling the customers if asked he said he'd tell them it was hail damage from the night before.

Hopefully Clyde takes me for a run in it to show Alan ( That's a hint Clyde ) Although the dirt road might put you off
      Last edited by FAP911; 15-07-16, 11:14 PM.

Comment

BTW Clyde congratulations But VERY JEALOUS -The holy grail of 80's G Series

Comment

One of my favorites. Congrats Clyde.
          Peter D

TYP901# 233
          911T Coupe 68
          911E Targa 73
          911E Coupe 72 (sold)
          1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Congrats Clyde. That's going to be a lot of fun
            Mickc

65’ 912/6
            70’ 911T coupe
            00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Great pick-up Clyde.
              Super rare.
              Welcome to the impact bumper club.
              Doug
              IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Nice one Clyde!
                Love the ClubSport. Congrats on his special buy!
                1973 911T Coupe
                1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

White whale.

Great car, I found it in Perth in about 2003 and tried to buy it then. Flew over to see it and I was even asked to dinner in the owners home. Pricing it at the time Jeff Dutton advised me I buy a GT3 instead....

Being an '88 it had the h.p. restricting emissions controls needed here, but A.H. upgraded it with 3.4 pistons and barrels and the RUF exhaust Clyde.....it was a demo car after all.

A family friend ended up getting it a bit later and I asked for dibs later as such .... He contacted me last year but by then the price has escalated as all things 911 had....

This car and the 1st 930 3.0 which I found in Canberra in about 2002 are the two great 'got aways' for me....I did get the Group 4 924 though after years of trying...

I have many pics and a dossier on it Clyde from its Perth time. Will dig it out.
                  Last edited by 1st; 16-07-16, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Nice Clyde. Stunning in white. You might have to organise an IB run one of these days. There are now more than a few members with these.
                    John Orchard
                    356 B (T6) 1963
                    911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
                    912 1966 SWB (sold)
                    930 Turbo 1984
                    997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
                      Great car, I found it in Perth in about 2003 and tried to buy it then. Flew over to see it and I was even asked to dinner in the owners home. Pricing it at the time Jeff Dutton advised me I buy a GT3 instead....

Being an '88 it had the h.p. restricting emissions controls needed here, but A.H. upgraded it with 3.4 pistons and barrels and the RUF exhaust Clyde.....it was a demo car after all.

A family friend ended up getting it a bit later and I asked for dibs later as such .... He contacted me last year but by then the price has escalated as all things 911 had....

This car and the 1st 930 3.0 which I found in Canberra in about 2002 are the two great 'got aways' for me....I did get the Group 4 924 though after years of trying...

I have many pics and a dossier on it Clyde from its Perth time. Will dig it out.
                      Thanks Stew, the fact you were chasing this car (it is the same one) makes me feel good about my purchase and the belief it is a special Aussie car.

Would love any info you have on the car from it's time in perth I will contact you to get copies

David Piva has lots of info on the CS cars too he has promised to copy/lend/show.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

I think integration, as it currently happens, is the way to go John but I feel a run coming soon so I can find out how she goes
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Cheers prez are you sure we're not ready for a typ901 warehouse we can hAve pictures of presidents and secretaries up on The wall surely clyde Peter that's enticing

Comment

Extremely
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Now your teasing me

Comment

Working...
                              X