Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedometer miledge recorder

Hi guys
    Recently bought a 79 SC with a dicky miledge and trip meter. The speedometer is working fine but the miledge recording function is not functioning or even flickering. I am guessing that it may be minor but before pulling it apart would like some assistance in what is the possible cause and whether or not it is a simple repair or one for the experts.
    For the record it is a matching numbers ex Hamiltons car which was originally owned by Ian Ross of Concord Advertising in Melbourne who handled the advertising account for Porsche for many years. Guards red sunroof delete factory 5 speed.

Neville,

It will more than likely be the small plastic gear inside the odometer assembly.

Unless you have access to spares, and have experience, I'd be inclined to send it out.

I think Howard instruments is the go for someone in the southern states, but hopefully someone will confirm.

Comment

Is that the one with the "genuine" 30,000km
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

It would be great if it was just 30,000 kms Clyde but I think this speedo thought it better to keep the mileage artificially low. Unfortunately the service books and receipt file tell the truth. Had the wheel recovered by 9er's guy in SA. Highly recommended excellent soft napa leather and original stitching.

Comment

Thx Tony
          Tried to contact Howard Instruments yesterday. Will try aggin today.

Comment

Working...
          X