I'm back ! Well ...change the 01 to 96 = 996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back ! Well ...change the 01 to 96 = 996

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome back to Porsche ownership Shane. Thats certainly a low kms 996. Has it had the IMS bearing work done ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Congrats Shane.

Comment

Nice one Shane, I suspect I'll probably be back into a P-Car next year, hard to resist aren't they!?
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Welcome back to Porsche ownership Shane. Thats certainly a low kms 996. Has it had the IMS bearing work done ?
          What's an IMS ?

Comment

[QUOTE=DJ911;n154772]Congrats Shane.[/QUOTE

thanks Dirk- I was missing the marque so to speak

Comment

IMS is the intermediate shaft - Some info here http://autohaushamilton.com.au/news/...ts-made-simple
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cheers cam , I should have had the tongue in cheek imoji for Phil's post , the IMS must be the most posted about topic of a 911 in the history of the car... This one has had an early change / update (2004) and I will be in the next 12 months changing to a LN Engineering one ..... no rush , its travelled 40,000k on the other change so all good thus far.

It will be my long term pride and joy , and I intend not to add / change anything for some time other than the right maintenance on a yearly basis.

I'm really rapped to be back in the seat of a 911 , and these 996's whilst unappreciated by a lot of the Porsche community, I think they have an important role to play in the history of the 911 and ones like mine with low K's and in great condition are few and far between.

I'm, unashamedly calling this a garage queen , pampered and used on most weekends (odd weekday) to cruise around. (I have kept the Golf TDI for the shopping / sport runs)

Whilst I would love to be in a 901 , I just cannot justify or afford one at the current prices , only for the wealthy these days. (they have gone full circle)

I hope you get back into a 911 as soon as you can (whatever year) as I now know the sorry of selling and the joy of buying again.

As an aside the aircon is great , would work in the NT well I suspect.

Shane

Comment

Working...
                X