Shed Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shed Stereo

After the Gale speakers that I bought when I was 15 at the Hifi stereo shop in Subi (rode there on my pushy and tested these trade in's in their state of the art sound room) finally blew a woofer, it was time for a change. Today when looking for something else at work I stumbled upon some old Wharfdale"s that I didn't know I had.
    I bought them home and connected them up to the shed amp , bingo the test music Pixies,The Doors and The white stripes never sounded better!
    These look like the longhood version of bookshelf speaker (64-73)
    Anybody else into old stereo equipment?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Aus del 68 911S

Thorens turntable, Luxman amp and B&W speakers ...

Comment

Anybody else into old stereo equipment?

NO
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I have 2 stereo set ups Thorens TD150 turntable, Nad pre and power amps running thru 1975 era Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre series 19 speakers and Harman Karden cd player. the other unit is Nad pre and Power amps, AR turntable and series 15 Altec Lansing speakers. Have a massive vinyl collection of 33's and 45's from the 60's thru 70's mainlyAustralian bands but all the usual Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Cream stuff.

Comment

I would love to have an old school set up like that in the shed!

Comment

You need to catch up Clyde Collectible ...
            Last edited by Merv; 04-03-17, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Some good gear up above, a lot of the older equipment produced was built to last using quality components, different to many supplier's standards today.
              I have some Australian made Richter Dragon speakers in the house these are extremely good speakers for the money. I saw these fs on the community notice board at the local service station years back,after calling the seller and listning to them I bought them on the spot. When I connected them up at home I noticed that the tweeter on one wasn't working so I contacted the owner of the company looking to buy a replacement tweeter. He asked many questions about them and how I came to buy them. After talking speakers he mentioned that an older Marantz Amp is a good match for the speakers. I had one (amp) hooked up in the shed ( that I bought on the way back from Perth out of the quokka years before) at the time but didn't think to change it over to the house. Richter sent me the tweeter out for free as well as a set of carpet spikes for the base, what great service!
              Anyway finally connected the Marantz amp up. boy was he right about the combo, speakers came into their own now very punchy base and amazing high frequency sound ( was hearing sounds that hadn't picked up before ).
              Richter, thumbs up!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Ahh, Clydes just being a Terminator........
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Nice one Shaun, as you will have worked out my setups are not in the garage. And a bit of background; I think Clyde has moved on as he did give me a pile of 45's from the late 60's about 12 mths ago when he was moving house.

Comment

Working...
                  X