M-b slk55 amg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-b slk55 amg

I know we have some Mercedes Benz owners, so does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the 2005 -6 era SLK55's. I must stop looking at Carsales as there are some reasonably priced low mileage examples available at the moment and I am being sorely tempted !!

I've been looking at 2008-2009 C 63's as well around the $40K mark. These are the NA engines and supposedly quite bulletproof. Havent looked at SLK's though but the 55 would be a rocketship too.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
      I've been looking at 2008-2009 C 63's as well around the $40K mark. These are the NA engines and supposedly quite bulletproof. Havent looked at SLK's though but the 55 would be a rocketship too.
      Except for the head bolts which stretch and you finish up with an $8000 repair bill apparently

Google it
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I drove the C63 when it was first released. An amazing car and how they got it registered with that loud but wonderful exhaust is itself a mystery. For (then) $147K it was IMO fantastic value. There is an one-owner 60,000 km one for sale this was around the $50K mark. I was talking with my long time former Mercedes Germany mechanic ( I have had a few Mercs ...) and he suggests that the 55 are outstanding cars. The C63's need careful checking as they are very expensive to maintain properly and run.

Comment

Thanks, Phil (recovery going well I hope), Clyde and Merv - maintenance costs aside, the only negative point about the 55 seems to be almost no boot space when the roof is down (and I'd have to sell the 901 which I am very reluctant to do), must not look at Carsales. Cheers
          Paul M

Comment

Or the 4-door? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4883312/?Cr=2

Very low kms ...

Comment

Surely will not last long
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                I drove the C63 when it was first released. An amazing car and how they got it registered with that loud but wonderful exhaust is itself a mystery. For (then) $147K it was IMO fantastic value. There is an one-owner 60,000 km one for sale this was around the $50K mark. I was talking with my long time former Mercedes Germany mechanic ( I have had a few Mercs ...) and he suggests that the 55 are outstanding cars. The C63's need careful checking as they are very expensive to maintain properly and run.
                I owned a 5000 km 2008 C63

Best sound ever from a car, sounds mean even at idle.

Sold it to buy a 700km CSL BMW...great car but noise not the same
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

Working...
                X