VALE RIC ALEXANDER - TYP901 FOUNDATION MEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VALE RIC ALEXANDER - TYP901 FOUNDATION MEMBER

It is with a very heavy heart and deep regret that I inform our membership of the passing today of Ric Alexander (foundation member 25).

Ric had waged an almighty battle with cancer for some 2 1/2 years. He was 52. He leaves behind his gorgeous wife Cindy and beautiful boys Max and Ross...

Some of you had the great pleasure of meeting Ric on the Geelong Run early in 2005. Ric showed us all how to drive a sporto fast and well!

Ric owned a 1974 2.7 Sporto. From memory he was the fourth owner. My father (John) bought this car new from Hamiltons; Ric has owned it for many years and we have had the pleasure of looking after it for him for most of that time.

In Cindy's final "Ric Report" email this evening she thanks another of our Foundation Members, Greg Stefanou "for keeping Ric alive whilst letting him run his own race". On a personal level I add my thanks to Greg also... Ric was much more to me than a client; he was my friend and a great support to me when Dad passed away. The old saying rings true: only the good die young and Ric was one of the best...

Ric was a great connoisseur of red wine...so crack a bottle of something special and raise a toast to say farewell to Ric Alexander - TYP901 Member 25.

Lisa
    Attached Files

That's very sad Lisa, thanks for the note. I can only say that I was glad to have met him that day, he was a real gentleman...and a demon behind the wheel!

I hope the 911 will stay in the family.

Comment

Some happier news...

Mike and I went to Ric's celebration service last Friday...yes it was sad, especially watching the boys who coped so very well and were so matter of fact about the whole affair...and yes we both went through some tissues ...

HOWEVER: we get there to find Ric's car parked at the door, full of balloons for the boys to release after the service. Cindy hugged me tightly when I told her I was so proud and pleased that she had brought the car...seems as though it is HER car now and she is not intending on selling. She has always loved driving it and it will keep her and the boys close to Ric...we both came away happy and smiling, satisfied and content in the knowledge that whatever will keep Ric's memory alive for the boys Cindy will do and the car is a very big part of that, such was his love for it .

Comment

Working...
      X