Garage Floor Epoxy Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Floor Epoxy Systems

After 15 years of abuse it’s time to recoat my garage floor. The floor is currently epoxied in light grey and I want to recoat, which is possible with the right preparation.

Any product recommendations / products to avoid I should know about? After a 2 part system that I can put down myself.

Cheers
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

I paid a guy to do it. Came out well and after 10 years looks as good as ever. They used the same stuff (with a brown flake and epoxy) that they used in the walk areas of the airport. The prep is a key aspect.

Comment

Have you been on the Garage Journal Paul?

You'll lose hours here https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ deciding on your next floor FWIW, the Rustoleum products regularly mentioned are now available here.

Personally I'd be inclined to head into an industrial paint shop with a measurement of your total area and get them to batch up a 2k kit in a perfect colour of your choice to suit. I helped a mate do it this way and 17 years later it's still good - just cut in with brushes and used rollers on broomsticks for the rest. Use a pair of 'disposable shoes' as they will be ruined by the end. Take their advice on pre-prep over the top of old epoxy.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
      X