Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elwood

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
    As an aside, I thought I recognized your car; I live virtually around the corner (in Elwood anyway) and have seen it around.
    Hi Paul,
    I only moved from Elwood a couple of years ago (needed more room for the kids), you've probably spotted me heading for a caffine fix at Cafe racer which I do most mornings, if you see the car stop in for a coffee.
    Cheers
    Tom
    Tom Walstab
    Member #142
    911L Silver 1968
    911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
    911 997 Targa 4S Black
    Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
    Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

ah well... i'll be the only PC supporter in the club. i am comfortable being out there.

i most definitely recommend backing up, regardless of the system, though and USB hard drives seem to be a cheap and effective way of doing this.

think i'll wait for the 3G iphone to land here...
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Update on my hard drive crash.
        Had the IT boys at work investigate if data retrieval could be achieved with software - unfortunately no - the problem was mechanical - misaligned heads.
        Fortunately most important files/data on flash sticks (phew)
        Apparently this happened with work computer many years ago. The hard drive was sent to The USA to retrieve data (must have been important) - total cost $12,000.
        Tonight is bin night.............guess where my f....d hard drive is?

Have just purchased 320 gb drive - another job for nerdy boyfriend of daughter. Will use current 40gb hard drive as back-up drive in secondary slot.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Peter there are local companies who specialize in the retrieval of data from trashed hard drives. Few years back I had files successfully retrieved from a smashed laptop that ended up spending several hours in the bottom of a puddle of salt water, during a rough crossing to Tassie. If you’re interested I could probably find their details, from memory it wasn’t super expensive.
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Thanks Paul - I am aware of a few companies in Melbourne that can do the job, however, was advised that an initial fee of approx.$2000 applies and then additional fee according to number of files successfully retrieved.

Anyway, it's "TOO LATE" - cried the bishop to the actress as the blood drained from his face. It's now in the big truck with 8 wheels and flies.
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
            X