X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator
    replied
    To finish the story so far..........

Probably surprisingly to some I entered my first ever "real" concours, the Alfa Romeo Vic Club concours with judging on the hoist Sat and display on the Sunday

6 great cars entered, I only ran 3rd as my car was too original I scored 93/100.

Judges explained I needed to get the suspension and wheels up to "as it left the factory STD" as I had left them as original, plus I was missing the correct carpet boot mat and apparently I hadn't polished the stainless steel bumpers on the car enough either. I did try to get them polished but the poor quality steel used by Alfa back then started to show pot marks the more you polished so the polisher suggested we stop as it was only going to become more evident the more he polished.

To this end I have put a deposit on another quite original 2000GTV which has a near new boot mat and maybe it's bumpers will polish up better than my current ones. Kind of a parts car which I will on sell again after raiding and replacing some bits.

I never knew that the STD concours is looking for "as it left the factory condition" to maximise points, learn something every day.

IMG_1076.JPGIMG_1078.JPGIMG_1077.JPG
    Last edited by Terminator; 30-12-19, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    I still have the cleaning bug but now I have to remove the hubs, brake backing plates and calipers and make them match the rest of the car.

Prepsol, brushes and patience can work wonders.

2019-09-04 12.22.20.jpg2019-09-04 14.03.54.jpg2019-09-04 12.22.14.jpg

Leave a comment:

• douglas
    replied
    Terminator Thats a fine looking 105.

hopefully get to see it in the flesh one day.

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Finished 2019-08-06 12.25.37.jpg

Leave a comment:

• marcus_cottrill
    replied
    Looks new

Leave a comment:

• klasikcis
    replied
    Lookin good Clyde.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    last one IMG_0222.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Almost complete back on the road just a bonnet to install, a few minor trim pieces and it's final polish.

It seems quicker than any Porsche repaint I have done.

The exhaust was a job and a half, alfas had a 2 piece exhaust originally but all you can buy is 4 piece so a lot of welding later we have a 2 piece
    exhaust like original.

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

Leave a comment:

• mario lanza
    replied
    DSC_4369_70_71_outDoor+Car.jpg Yes a friend has one of two allegedly still in Victoria. A handmade riveted aluminium bodied special engined car - from a tuning house should not be compared with an ordinary dealer car! ! The step nose 1600 Guilia sprint veloce is fairly praised around the world know with cognoscenti pricing them highest - apart from the special production models ie. SS etc.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
    Clyde I see that CTS have 3 versions of the 105 currently in stock all priced at just under $109,995
    Ask Gus what he paid for his nice 1750

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Originally posted by mario lanza View Post
    The 1600 Guilia Sprint Veloce stepnose of course is the jewel in the crown followed by the series 1 1750. Unfortunately the 2 litre series seem to be regarded as the g series due to lights and dash changes.
    No the GTA is the jewell in the crown and I preffer the series 2 1750 hate the lights sitting on top of the bumper bar on series 1 and no overriders

Leave a comment:

• klasikcis
    replied
    Clyde I see that CTS have 3 versions of the 105 currently in stock all priced at just under $109,995

Leave a comment:

• mario lanza
    replied
    The 1600 Guilia Sprint Veloce stepnose of course is the jewel in the crown followed by the series 1 1750. Unfortunately the 2 litre series seem to be regarded as the g series due to lights and dash changes.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Hi Neville,

Even the rusty crappy ones bring $40k plus these days. I saw one such example last week and it will take $100k to make it great again. Even then it won't be like mine as it is, apart from the new shiny external paint, all original and very rust free.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X