What the!?!? Audi's Prius-rivalling A3 diesel hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the!?!? Audi's Prius-rivalling A3 diesel hatch

"Low-friction Michelin tyres have lower rolling-resistance for reduced drag."
    That REALLY doesn't sound very good for going round corners... or for stopping!!!

Rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

It's not ugly enough to be a Green Car ! Sorry to anyone who owns a Toyota, not.

Comment

andrew, I am certainly not arguing with you on that one.

but i am fairly sure i have seen a prius go around a corner... which i doubt the audi could do with low-friction tyres!!!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Rich

The prius and civic hybrids have low friction tyres as well. I can't recall seeing any comparative tests on braking or cornering grip though but this so-called technology is becoming common.

Call me cynical, but I think there is just a bit of marketing hype in some of the claimed benefits.

Cheers
        Jeff
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

I drove a Prius for 12 months (company car), just had to hand it back actually,

- great of the fuel consumption, I did regularly get 4.5 - 5 l per 100 easily, however like all cars if you heavier on the foot those numbers are harder.
          - nice amount of room both front and rear
          - the weight in the batteries and where they are positioned actually gave the car decent handling characteristics when pushed into and out of a corner, albiet you were not flying out of the corner.
          - build quality typical toyota
          - Would I buy one - yes but not at $40k+ on road at $29999, drive away and they will fly out the door IMHO
          - Boot / load space pretty good for a small car.

Shane

Comment

Working...
          X