Spiders in the Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiders in the Spider

I coudln't sit by and watch any longer, So I'm getting dad's old Spider going after many years in pasture in the back shed.

Now I know it's not P car related - but it is an old classis isn't it! It's a 1974 2ltr, low km, matching numbers, Aussies delivered Alfa Spider.

Apart from some resident redbacks it's actually looking pretty OK. It's not running (head gasket judging by the milk on the dipstick). The bod is in good nick - very little rust as the PO did a bare metal resto, it seems to just be the engine & running gear.

I don't know too much about Alfa's & I am actually pretty amazed at how cheap good examples are, 20-30K will get you a really nice example - Why is that?

Anyway - Does anyone know where I might start - Apart from AROCA Is there a TYP901 group for these machines?

Here it is exactly as I parked it the day I picked up my P Car!!! - these are good for the 'before' shots!! Can you claim a 'barn find' in your own barn?
    Attached Files
    Marcus
    TYP901 Member #81
    1972 911E

marcus

nice one! aroca is a pretty big club and is a good place to start.

marcus hancock has had alfa's before also - and i think is building a group S alfa at the moment.

Comment

Marcus, Ryans right, try Marcus.
      Also ask Phil Hearn for Damien's number. Damien is often down at Phils Saturday mornings. He drives a silver 72E and builds and races Alfas.
      He'd be the man for advice.

Comment

In 1969 spiders were not only thing I was looking for under my '59 Spider.... ...

Marcus, a different kind of adventure has just begun mate......

Cheers
        Attached Files
        Chuck Miller
        The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
        Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
        R Gruppe #88

Comment

Marcus is well versed in Alfa's. I just laugh and grin with envy when he says the prices of some of the Alfa parts to get it back on the road and roadworthy! Like $200 for a whole bunch of lights, an air box, rubbers etc. Hell, a race motor off the shelf is $12,500! A replacement body is $1500!!!

Watch him throw the Alfa with gay abandonment into Turn 1 at the island next year!!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

before Porsches I owned 1 1750 GTC Coupe and 3 2000GTV Coupes.

Great little cars I remember I did a semi concourse paint job with Peter Todd of Mentone Smash Repairs on a 75 2000GTV it cost me $3000!!!!!!

The prices of spyders have dropped from the peak of $40k for top of the line to well under 30k for good ones
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys,

I should have thought of my old hairdesser (Damian), of course!! After all he helped me choose my P Car! Does he still get around on the Vesper?

I see, Alfa drivers are gay eh Alex!!!

Clyde - Yeh can't figure the prices out, they'd have to be the only 'classic' to be dropping in price.

Marcus - PM sent.
              Marcus
              TYP901 Member #81
              1972 911E

Comment

Working...
              X