Minis and Mini Coopers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minis and Mini Coopers

Have you noticed that quite a few of us also own Mini Coopers and BMW built MINIs. Two of the best driving cars for windy roads and having a fun drive. So here's a photo of my 1964 "Cooper" Deluxe.
    Attached Files

Growing up a couple of mates had Mark 1 and Mark 2 Cooper S's entrusted to them by their dads.

If we ever went to parties in the Adelaide Hills I would try to remain more sober than my mates in the hope of being given the keys to drive home which happened on numerous occaisions. Gievn the complete flogging we gave them they stood up rpetty well and provided hours of entertainment, thrills, spills and laughs.

Oh and you can pull off handbrake turns in remarkably confined spaces!!!

Great geataway cars also......
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

here is our 68 Cooper S. Lovingly restored to within an inch of its life about 13 years ago it has competed in a couple of rallies (not serious ones) and now sits in Stewart's garage, having been hardly ever driven. Might bring it out one of these days for a swim.
      Attached Files
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Before you all come over soft and squishy about the original Mini don't delude yourselves -- they are a real pain to drive any distance . They are tiny , rough , noisy and very uncomfortable .
        I had a beautiful Cooper S which I ran in the same rallies as Alex and his dad's car over 14 years ago . I also ran it very succesfully in the Targa Tasmania in 1996 . My back has only just recovered from the ownership experience.
        John

Comment

Working...
        X