WE'VE HAD SMILES FOR MILES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE'VE HAD SMILES FOR MILES

Chuck and I have been exchanging some great pics of late and have come up with an idea...a similar thread will be posted on the Early S board by Chuck soon...

It’s usually about the cars on this board … but how about the people?

Let’s see you owners, wives, husbands, girlfriends, kids, and buddies…

With your or their cars… Nothing too silly or risqué … just some nice pics of you’all …

Let’s put some faces to names, and names to cars …

This is all about the people and their cars...your all time favorite pics of your nearest and dearest - show us your most memorable or beautiful pics...

I have a stack of 'em, but am going to kick off with an old favorite of Dad, which a lot of you may not have seen. A bit of history and nostalgia to start...

It's a beauty - probably no later than mid 1961 as Mum isn't in the pic! There's a V-Screen and 2 356B models in the shot which would make my date pretty accurate. Dad is sitting in front of his green 356A cab looking at the camera on the right of the photo. I think the black Speedster in the background may be his former car which he bought new. He traded the Speedster in on the Cab, but told Norman Hamilton to keep the new engine as he wanted the old one from the Speedster which he had already "tweaked"! The rest of the gang is the original Porsche club which folded later in the 60s. Incidentally, the funds from this original club then went to the "new" Porsche Club in Vic when it started in 1975.

What a blast - then just as now...it's all about the people and the cars...

So I've shown you one of mine, let's see yours...before I bore you with the family album!!!

Cheers,
    Attached Files

Here's a pic from last years Ojai to Ojai run...

This was taken on the top and about the middle of about 180 miles of twisties...

On the right the lovely Diane Mascaro (wife of Mike) and the left the beautiful Hori Greko (wife of Wayne) ... posed in front of Wayne's '74 US Carrera

We were hammering pretty good .... and those passenger seats were go'n just as fast.... brave gals
    Attached Files
    Chuck Miller
    The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
    Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
    R Gruppe #88

Comment

I love this one...

This of my beautiful Great Niece Kelsey when she was just a 'little girl' ... she'll be 4 in March... :wink:

Can't see much of the car but who cares....

Cheers,
      Attached Files
      Chuck Miller
      The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
      Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
      R Gruppe #88

Comment

Here is a shot of the week end Lisa and I met, it was the 24 hour relay race at Winton in 1990, That was held from Friday 13-4 to Sunday 15-4.
        See if you can see Mike Tankard, Kay Tankard, George Cairnes, Graham Andrews, Lisa, myself and any one else who may be familiar.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hee hee...

I think I was snoozing somewhere behind the guys...I'd been up for nearly 3 days by then!

Jeez that's a long time ago now...wonder if we'll ever do another one? It was great fun - the whole thing; even better that we won!

And less than 12 months later Mike and I were walking down the aisle....watch for pics from that day!

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Miller
            Here's a pic from last years Ojai to Ojai run...

This was taken on the top and about the middle of about 180 miles of twisties...

On the right the lovely Diane Mascaro (wife of Mike) and the left the beautiful Hori Greko (wife of Wayne) ... posed in front of Wayne's '74 US Carrera

We were hammering pretty good .... and those passenger seats were go'n just as fast.... brave gals
            I love that photo Chuck...the girls look like teenagers and the backdrop (including car) is just beautiful...people and cars...perfect!

Here's one of my brave gal who often rides shotgun for me...most of you have seen it but I love it so here tis: my gorgeous Charlotte beaming out of the Abarth happy as can be to be riding shotgun for Mummy...
            Attached Files

Comment

here's me and my navigator from our first go at targa tas. i'm in the blue jacket and cap. simon is looking worried as this is his first ever tarmac rally and the weather report is rain rain rain.

we had rain 3 1/2 days out of 5. day 5 was so bad that, in everyday life, i wouldn't have driven to the shops but, for targa tas, i drove the 50km mt arrowsmith stage!

we finished in pretty much one piece (left a mangled front oil cooler in a bin in burnie...) with a targa trophy and a class win! last year we went back for the 3rd time and picked up our gold trophies and got a top 20 finish in classic.

its an incredible event. classic adelaide is more fun but tt is more satisfying.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great pic Ryan !

Simon looks petrified and you look relaxed...not sure what that tells us :wink: . Great result last year - congrats again.

Here's one of Dad and I on a much more relaxed tarmac rally...most of the time! We had tons of fun, Dad and his co-driver won their class and we girls finished fairly respectably in open class against much bigger hp...and over 80 places ahead of the nearest all female team :twisted: !
                Attached Files

Comment

Whoops...sorry but the pc had a little meltdown and I managed to post twice ops: .

Comment

I know its not a Porsche, but a blast from a past life, approx 1984.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alex (its OK so long as I can give them back at the end of the day) Webster with Charlotte (Charley) Jacobson at Phillip Island historics 2006
                      Attached Files
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

It's official - our daughter is a bona fide rev head!

I know both our boys are into cars, motorbikes, motorsport of almost all descriptions....Charlotte has always enjoyed the same but to a lesser degree. This weekend at Philip Island she transformed into an historic racing addict! She dragged Mike off around the pits more than once and did the same with Hugh...took each by the hand on different occasions and announced they were off to the pits where all the action was :lol: !

This was deja vue for me of the nicest kind...I used to do the very same with Dad when I was her age - I hope she never changes .

Here are some of Charlotte's favs...and some of Billy's too
                        Attached Files

Comment

Billy's favs...

Billy had his favorites too....
                          Attached Files

Comment

His favorite museum car...why? Because this one was his grandfather's favorite...(obviously!)...he picked the resemblance immediately and asked me 64 questions about it :lol: !
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's another of the Cooper....we didn't think we would get him out of it!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X