Top Gear Studio Audience Ticket Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear Studio Audience Ticket Available

I have one ticket available for tomorrow night's recording in Sydney.

Must be at the studio before 515pm.

First in, best dressed.

PM me or call the mobile (0414 961 027).

I know its not Alex and Marcus but I was curious, and I reckon we should support the show.
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

justin

I have come to the same conclusion... it deserves support as it's still easily the best car show in australia. it is 10 seasons behind the UK version afterall...

pity i can't be in sydney tomorrow...
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I went last week. Be prepared to laugh at the same jokes many times over. It finished around 10PM. I did enjoy myself. I suggest you eat prior!!

Comment

Just watched it, and I'm afraid to say my interest is waning.....

Comment

I gave up. Wife bought me series 2 of Dexter...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

We're struggling with it too. The only laugh we had during last night’s effort was how excited the hamster clone was when he hit 250kmh in a Commadore on a test track, the same speed we hit on the on ramp onto the Autobahn heading to Munich from Stuttgart 18months ago. Oh, and the assertion it’s better than an M5.
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke
            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

i had a laugh when he took out one of the posts beside the dirt road and didn't even mention it...

and then (i think, never bothered to rewind and check) i am pretty sure they cracked the windscreen on the convertible astra rolling it off that ramp... and didn't mention that either.
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Why would any self respecting car company(HOLDEN !!!!!! are you nuts) give these Hamster Clones (thank you Paul W my wife is still laughing) cars to wreck. If Holden have money to waste the can give me a free convertible Astra - and I won't wreck it. What if six people are sold these "pre-damaged" cars. Can't watch it anymore it's just too stupid. If they did it to a Porsche I fear I'd become murderous. If you watch Taggart that would be 'Mudda".

Comment

I hadn't realised John Farnham had made a comeback...as for the other two. Definitely no flattery in imitation here.....give me the Iron Chef any day!! You can only hope that SBS can renegotiate the agreement to provide greater scope to put forward an intrinsically Australasian version rather than the fare served thus far.

Comment

Shameless plugs are the biggest disappointment. How much have they been paid by Toyota and Holden !

Comment

andrew

you raise a really interesting point there... if they are not careful, they will very quickly lose the abolsute key element to top gear uk - independance from any car company.

case in point is when requesting a car from a car company for a test the car company said no. reason: they knew it'd get pummelled. so they went into a dealer 'under cover' and took one for a test drive.

ANY advertising received from a car company by TG Aust completely obliterates any chance of success. might as well call it The Car Show.
                      Richard Griffiths
                      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Its not a Gloria Jeans or Boost (sorry Clyde) you just cannot franchise something like Top Gear UK. Bring back Peter Wherret (sp) in drag that would be more fun to watch

Comment

LOL - Shane, I just had this image of Peter Wherret in a nice frock, lippie and heels describing the pros and cons of the Hummer H2

Yeah, I'd watch that!

I reckon SBS would have been better off investing their budget in bringing the TG UK crew over for an extended "holiday" in Australia for their off season and providing them with some Aussie cars/locations/situations...
                          John Forcier
                          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                          Restoration Saga
                          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

It wasn't bad... but long and the same jokes being re-filmed occasionally grated.. The hree presenters seem more relaxed now.

It was episode 7 (episode 4 was on tv last Monday- and the cars featured were the sti, the Koeniggsegg, petrol vs diesel Golfs, and some more talk about the GTR.

Celebrity drivers were James Courtney / Greg Murphy.

The GT2 was "Stigged", and I'm pleased to say it obliterated the GTR (which hit its Japanese mandated limiter on the straight). Will be interesting to see an Aussie GTR.

Being from the industry, I think that everyone is waiting to see. If however I was the Marketing guy from Holden who loaned them the Astras ... I'd be fairly annoyed. It did nothing for their brand and I'd suggest the airtime did not justify the damage bill, and the ridiculous light in which the cars were presented.

Spoke briefly to Steve Pizzatti... a really good guy and genuine enthusiast, andf ran into several PCNSW people.
                            Justin Reed
                            aka Reedminor
                            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                            1961 356B #114700
                            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I can't see the point of damaging test cars but if Holden want to do anything about Astras they need to do something about service costs and reliability. Not a bad little thing to drive but we get heaps of complaints from owners.

I agree with John's comments about bringing out the UK team but I'll give it a bit more time even if I should be spending more time in the garage rather than watching telly!

Cheers
                              Jeff Eelkema
                              TYP 901 #132
                              S-Reg #1431
                              69E (project)
                              various bevel Ducatis
                              60s Vespa

Comment

Working...
                              X