88.6 on your dial - Plenty Valley FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88.6 on your dial - Plenty Valley FM

Melbourne members, tune in to 88.6FM today between 4 and 6 pm. Drive Time with the one and only ESP911 - in his words you'll either be surprised , amused :p or disappointed -
    .....................I'm guessing :p , but whatever, I'm sure it'll be entertaining and they do play great music, from what I heard today on The Morning Show with Dave
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

TYP 901 chat show extolling the virtues of the early 911's to the world...?!

(or at least areas of Melbourne that can get reception!!)
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Quiz

Quiz; Pick the DJ

(Clue - the one who has a face for radio). :p
      Attached Files
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901

Comment

Your right Peter, Surprised that Brett's voice sounds so good on radio, Amused at how old & obscure the songs were (who remembers the yardbirds!!) & Dissapointed there was no reference to TYP901 (I did only listen for about 15 minutes though).

Great effort Brett!!
        Marcus
        TYP901 Member #81
        1972 911E

Comment

Originally posted by IXXI72 View Post
          .........(I did only listen for about 15 minutes though).

Great effort Brett!!
          ...........that's about 10 minutes more than most.

Given the demographic of the majority of the listening audience - tree huggin' left wing greenies - don't expect any discussion on early Porsches. In fact, if station management discover that Brett owns such a machine, then his days on community radio are over.
          I'm just grateful that Brett's show isn't on at the same time as Aussie Top Gear - imagine the dilemma of deciding whether to watch them or listen to him ....
          ................................well done Brett, Julie and I are now your number 5 and 6 fans (Alex, number 4 is still available)
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901

Comment

Peter, number 6 is also open. It's a condition of community radio that if you can't get at least 10 members of your family to listen, you don't get a show.
            Dad dropped out ages ago, probably around show number 2, with the comment " So, who picks the music?"
            " I do Dad."
            His reply "Oh...it's not very good"

But then again he did ask, when I first bought the 901, "Is it a Volkswagen?"

Comment

Brett, do you do competitions ? Free concert tickets or other good stuff ?
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Sorry to disappoint guys but it aint exactly big time.
                No competitions, no crazy stunts & no invitations to red carpet events.
                It's Community radio so no commercials only sponorship announcements

On the upside, there's no competitions, no crazy stunts & no commerercials for nasal spray. I plan it all & play what I want musically which is not to everybodys taste but if your sick of the pap that commercial radio serves up... well it's an interesting & engaging alternative.

Comment

Working...
                X