Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Harry Home

Guys,

I don't know if you have been following the Harry Nicolaides case in the media, if not here are the facts.
    Harry has been arrested in Thailand on a charge of Lese Majeste, which is a charge of offending the Royal Family. He did this through a book that he published back in 2005.

He has pleaded guilty and has been sentenced to 3 years in a Thai jail which may be a death sentence for him.
    So far the Aust government has done very little.
    Stephen Smith, the Foreign Minister has been very aloof and won't meet with the Nicolaides family or assist with an appeal to the Thai Royal Family.

Harry is a school friend of mine and so I ask you to log onto www.bringharryhome.com
    read the story and help out by sending an email to Stephen Smith and signing up for the petition.
    This website has been set up by a group of us to help Forde(Harry's brother) keep this in the Media & to pressure the government into persue the right channels for a pardon from the Royal Family.

Hope you can help.

hey brett

just read the good news - pardon granted!

Comment

Ryan, excellent news. Don't know if we had any influence but I'd like to think so.
      Power to the people, right on!

Comment

'Mr Dollar said he taught with Nicolaides at Mae Fah Luang University and the pair discussed ways of getting published.

"Harry believed it best to create a sensation, a publicity stunt to land an author on the literary map," he said.'

The Age, 23-02-09; Freed writer denies book passage a stunt
        Kate Lahey and Louise Schwartzkoff

Would have thought there are more worthwhile social causes to rally behind...
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Ahh... but thats only if you believe everything that's written. Name me one incident that has been in the media that hasn't become mired with muck raking & bulls&#*.

Paul, wasn't asking you to rally or march in the streets, just to spend the time to send off an email to the Foreign Affairs Minister to keep him aware of the situation.

The time & effort involved would have been no greater than what it took you to send the previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by ESP911 View Post
            Ahh... but thats only if you believe everything that's written. Name me one incident that has been in the media that hasn't become mired with muck raking & bulls&#*.
            Brett you're right - which is why I suppose from the outset I felt the same cynicism towards this situation as I did the ridiculous Corby circus.
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke
            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

A bit of cynicism is always healthy Paul. The only reason I posted this is because I know the family. They're pretty straight up and I could bore you silly with details about the case that would put any cynicism to rest.

Saying that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a book in this.

Comment

Working...
              X