typ 901 race challenge - cycle kart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typ 901 race challenge - cycle kart

After viewing the images and website aside form the grin factor is anyone interested in a limited race series/downunder chapter...??

www.stevproj.com/Carz/CycleKartGallery.html
    Attached Files

Michel, seems pretty cool.
    I can't find much info on them though. I presume they are powered by motor bike engines.
    What are their dimensions and restrictions.

Comment

trying to get more detail there are some dimensions on the site but sketchy and hard to navigate.

I think either small motorbike or large 4 stroke mower? approx 196cc.

I have emailed Phil asking for rules and regs etc. hough while they are working to some regs they seem somewhat biased towards the practical and fun...as they say on the site talk s cheap...

I will post more info once i receive it.

No one else interested?

Comment

The agreed engine is the standard Honda OHV mower/pump/industrial engine. You cannot buy one, you must build it.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

seems you need to build a special track to race these. Why not just go go-karting. Plenty of ready made tracks and off the shelf karts.

I have recently bought 2 karts (ebay) and they are proving to be lots of fun. Gets the kids involved too.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by e72phil; 23-02-09, 02:26 PM.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Got a 63 vintage kart twin mcCulloch motors, that I use occasionally, but hardly any one to race against--but where is the fun in that compared to the cycle kart...seems that a special track is some paddock/access road etc.

I am sure you could tow these to Wakefield and use also? Think the idea is more about the fun quotient and home build buzz...Just received a reply form Pete in the US he is going to send some more info as applicable.

Looks like i will have to post it on the Alfa, Fiat, MG sites

Comment

Phil,

Looking at the photo - Are you sure they really wanted to be involved?
              Marcus
              TYP901 Member #81
              1972 911E

Comment

Marcus,

too much hard work to get the thing built in my opinion. With my limited time, the go kart works for me.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Charity Race -Interclub challenge

Ok...in light of the good fundraising thus far for fire relief. I propose if there is anyone interested that an interclub CHARITY challenge be put out there.

Any/all marques?

A group of interested makers assemble a car. It is raced at end of meet, or after a series of races all cars are then Auctioned for charity???

Does this interest anyone? Still fun time money easier to manage and their is a good social benefit!

Comment

Don't want to sound like a party pooper but I have found that running something that isn't within the established guidlines from CAMS,karting body, M/C Aus etc removes the legal protection and insurance for the individual or club involved. When something goes pear shape, there is always someone running to the lawyers.

I reckon they look like fun though. Until the wheels collapse that is, pram wheels on billy carts never survived cornering when I was a kid!
                    Jeff Eelkema
                    TYP 901 #132
                    S-Reg #1431
                    69E (project)
                    various bevel Ducatis
                    60s Vespa

Comment

point taken...pram wheels... and cams...etc. However IF it is feasible and done for CHARITY is there any interested bodies willing to pitch in?

Have discussed the idea in principle with some other clubs and they with same and different expressed reasons/provisos are interested. Am I banging a dead dog. meant flogging a dead horse

Comment

Working...
                      X