How to avoid demerit points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to avoid demerit points

The following was sent to me in an email today. If it's true it's a cracker.
    Fishcop your thoughts???

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the speeding fine department in Brisbane's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment methods and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.' This has been tried and it works.

I have tried to send this to everyone I know. I know for a fact that it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your licence.

This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, $140, then make the cheque out for $141 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then
    have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque then the transactions are NOT complete.
    However, the system has got its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!![FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]

Paul

I have heard in the past from people that have tried this that it did work in QLD but the system has now changed to close the loophole. Still seems worth a try. I just seem to be lucky and haven't been caught for anything in ages :-)
    Jeff Eelkema
    TYP 901 #132
    S-Reg #1431
    69E (project)
    various bevel Ducatis
    60s Vespa

Comment

I've been busted speeding in Adelaide the last three times I have visited. (speed cameras)

Have not seen any correspondence about points though, is there a national system or am I fortunate I live in a Territory ?
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Nup, doesn't work... As Jeff says, the system got changed a little while ago to bring it in line with whole of country arrangements. Penalty system is completely separate from the financial system.

If you want to prolong your points to meet the 12 month roll over period (where you get your points reset), you can elect to have the matter heard in court - you then keep asking for adjournments until the court says no more, then you elect to pay the fine before the final court date. Hopefully this has given you a couple of months 'blemish free' motoring and you have accumulated enough points to loose
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Interestingly Mr Curnick, the cops also had a few words with me when I was down there. Bugger! To add insult to injury I got a letter in the mail with another..... V pissed off. 50km built up zones, why the **** does it vary between states ???

PS I has a beer with a mate who is a criminal lawyer who said that 200,000 people lost their license in NSW last year. Somebody's cameras are being too effective! They are going to have to change the rules/demerit points otherwise they'll have no one on the roads.

Comment

Looks like Phil owes a couple of guys a beer or 2?
            Marcus
            TYP901 Member #81
            1972 911E

Comment

I dont do Speed Cameras of the type everyone is referring to.

The tolerance varies from State to State as to how far above the legal limit they ticket you at, so the easy solution is to drive at or below the limit. It works every time.

ANd I wish there had have been a speed camera around as I drove home form the airport late tonight.

Some brain surgeon in an XR8 (I think) went past me on a 3 lane road, 70kph zone at easily 160 then proceeded to run a red light around the stopped cars using the RH turn lane.

These are the morons that need to be losing licences.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Probably a detective late for drinks...

Oops, did I say that
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post

...these are the morons that need to be losing licences.
                  or have in all probability lost it already.

Comment

Working...
                  X