Monit Rally Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monit Rally Computers

I thought I'd give these guys a quick plug.

If you are thinking about installing a rally computer, I reckon these are the way to go. Not only are they a trip meter and timer, the unit also gives you a max speed (for me about 190kmh down the main straight at Hidden Valley yesterday ) current speed, 0-100 time, quarter mile time, and time of day.

And they are easy to callibrate, and not hugely expensive.

More info here http://www.monitrally.com/
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

I've got a terra trip with an extra screen that is mounted in front of moi, so I can see the current speed. Nice and accurate, particularly in Adelaide where the local built up speed is 50Kph and not 60 !!

The monit looks nice and small though.

Comment

Andy

I have the old Terratrip probe from my car if you want a spare? PM your address if you do.

Small and light and easy to read.
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Weapon of Choice- VDO Minicockpit

Cam,

For years the weapon of choice was the VDO Minicockpit.

A bugger of a thing to set up but brilliant in that it converts Mi to KM, has a timer, av speed indicator etc etc. Easy to use once set up, too.

They don't make them anymore though I understand- I've got one rigged up in the glovebox of the 901 with a bracket stand for the top of the dash when needed.

They are a good Halda alternative....you'll just need to find one!

I'll have another if anyone has one for sale.

Cheers

Stew

Comment

stew,

you should ditch that vdo clunker. i'll take it off your hands as a good will gesture. you pay shipping.

(ps. i've used one since day dot and would love to sneak a spare also...)

Comment

I had both a genuine metal case Halda and a VDO installed on my Mini Cooper S which I used on the Targa in the mid 90's and I let both go with the car when I sold it as I was that eager to get my hands on the cash and buy a Porsche .I agree that the VDO was a brilliant ( and cheap) unit .
            I tried to be patriotic and buy Australian when I bought a unit for the Porsche and bought a Philtronics Rallymeter about three years ago . It literally burnt out on the first rally , was "repaired" under warranty but I have never got it to pick up a signal from the probe . I suspect that the repair was not a repair . I will have a look at the Monit but I wish that a NOS VDO would come out of the woodwork .
            John Shingleton

Comment

I have a VDO minicockpit, and am keeping it. I know what they are worth Stew......
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X