It Finally Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Finally Flies

Boeing's new 787 flew this morning in Seattle - It's been a lot of hard work for a lot of people & about the last 5 years of my life, but it finally flew this morning & landed as well.

Marcus
    TYP901 Member #81
    1972 911E

Impresive bit of technology Marcus. I guess you can't/won't comment or don't know the full story on the carbon fibre wing delamination issue?

Reading between the lines over the last few years it seems to have been a major stuff up. I hope for everyone involved that they haven't short cut durability testing in the rush to get the thing finished.

Overall it seems a quantum leap!

Cheers
    Jeff Eelkema
    TYP 901 #132
    S-Reg #1431
    69E (project)
    various bevel Ducatis
    60s Vespa

Comment

Yeah, i'd like to know the answer to that question also, as more then likely, i'll be driving one of the things in the next few years, if rumors at work are true.

Comment

Don't know too much about it other than what's already in public domain - Suffice to say, have a trawl through this stuff http://www.787milestones.tpninteractive.com/

Especially the "Wing Break Test".
        Marcus
        TYP901 Member #81
        1972 911E

Comment

Thanks Marcus i get most if not all of the Boeing publications, and have been following the development, had a chance to check it out last time i was in the states.

Nice bit of kit.

Thanks for the link

Tony

Comment

I went to the Boeing factory tour in Jan 08 and saw the first 4 being assembled. Then they said the first flight was Aug 08.
            GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

#2 flew this morning, not 2nd flight - 2nd Airplane.
              Marcus
              TYP901 Member #81
              1972 911E

Comment

Working...
              X