Ducati book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducati book

I know there are a few Ducati owners/fans among us so I thought I would let you all know about a new book in case you need something else for the xmas list. Or just buy it for yourself!

My partner spotted it in the photographic section at Dymocks the other day, fantastic photos of great bikes with plenty of detail shots/internals etc - new and old, even some specials.

Anyone who appreciates great photography and bikes/bits etc should love it. I don't think the comment about 1000 copies in the link attached is right as there is nothing in/on the book that I have seen to support this.

cheers
    Jeff Eelkema
    TYP 901 #132
    S-Reg #1431
    69E (project)
    various bevel Ducatis
    60s Vespa

now that looks like a great read... except it would certainly bring back the desire for dukes which is strictly off limits.
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

not much reading Rich, mainly pics apart from some intro pages
      Jeff Eelkema
      TYP 901 #132
      S-Reg #1431
      69E (project)
      various bevel Ducatis
      60s Vespa

Comment

'read' or drool... same same.

have to stick to my 'no bikes, 1 porsche per child' rule...
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

mr upwey on the other hand would love it!!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Who says we can't drool over things we can't have?

I thought that's what guys did
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Great idea for Julie's birthday next Feb....when can you send me a copy?
              Last birthday (her 32nd ) I got her a really nice book featuring photos of old VW Beetles, and now that the bike should be completed early in the new year, it'll be very timely.
              Motor is currently being re-assembled - should be completed next week and then fitted to the frame. We just need to acquire some new cables, grips and other minor rubber components - all of which we can get locally and then the whole thing can be put back together.
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

As you can see, the re-assembly hasn't progressed much in the past few months. However, the motor casings have been hydro-blasted, the covers etc polished and new (big end) bearings acquired and motor is being re-assembled off site. All wiring has been re-instated in the headlight and is ready to go on, all levers etc polished and all zinc plating / anodizing completed.
                Attached Files
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Bike is looking good Peter.

I've heard through the grapvine that the author/photographer is selling signed copies direct but not sure at this stage if this is just to a select few insiders or anyone. If/when I get some more detail I'll post it.
                  Tempted to take my copy back to dymocks and get a signed one if I can. I'm sure I can come up with an excuse after xmas.
                  Jeff Eelkema
                  TYP 901 #132
                  S-Reg #1431
                  69E (project)
                  various bevel Ducatis
                  60s Vespa

Comment

Working...
                  X