Little Boy Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Boy Hot Rod

I've got to admit to being a closet hot rod fancier.
    This thing blows my mind.
    I love it.

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

That is one cool rat rod.

I'd love to go to Bonneville one day...

Comment

Freakin cool!
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Definitely a "show stopper"!
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Very cool. I suggested we could use that as inspiration for improving my father's 1910 RR Ghost...

my father then made a direct comparison between myself and satan...
          Attached Files
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Start throwing some acid on the paintwork to get the rust happening a bit faster.
            I've got a big block hemi in the shed and an angle grinder.
            See you in 6 months to start
            Attached Files

Comment

Seems to be a trend.
              A couple of entrants in the recent "Euroa Show & Shine"
              Attached Files
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Peter, this one's for you, or Julie...http://www.ikcc.ie/forum/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ford View Post
                  I've got to admit to being a closet hot rod fancier.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...d-dreamin.aspx
                  Paul

I picked up the book "Hot Rod Milestones" a while back and can highly recommend it if you want to learn a bit about them.

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

I'll have a look for it.
                    The backdate project was going to be my christmas present, but I'm sure I can squeeze something else in.

Comment

Its a really cool book which concentrates on the 'first' car that had what is now considered to be a major/classic hot rod trend/style/mod etc.

Comment

Paul, I went through my little stash and my favourite books are:

For the lovely images on the salt flats "Hot Rod, the photography of Peter Vincent"
                        Aesthetics are at the core of hot rodding. And nothing captures the visual essence of the hot rod like Peter Vincent's photography. In brilliant color and fully-saturated black-and-white photography, Vincent will capture America's most essential hot rods, hot rodders, and racers in dramatic settings such as the Bonneville Salt Flats and California's dry lakes - the places from which hot rodders have always drawn inspiration. The majority of the book's photographs will get the same treatment: each will have its own page, surrounded by white space and properly cropped and framed to show off Vincent's photographic artistry. Woven throughout the book, Vincent will tell the story of hot rodding through interviews with the originators of the culture, land speed racers, and the new generation of hot rodders who are keeping alive the aesthetic sensibility of hot rodding.About the AuthorFrom the salt flats of Bonneville to the endless variety of dry lakes and drag strips that dot the American landscape, photographer Peter Vincent magnificently reveals the pure artistry of the cars themselves. Inspired by early associations with Ansel Adams and others, Peter's amazing images have appeared in popular enthusiast publications since the 1980s, including Rodder's Journal, Street Rodder magazine, Hop Up, and in his best-selling book Hot Rod, An American Original in 2001. In addition, Peter's works have been exhibited in museums and galleries from New York to San Francisco. Vincent lives in Moscow, Idaho.

A book which profiles some of the prominent builders on the scene "The Art Of The Hot Rod"
                        Brimming with creative inspiration, how-to projects, and useful information to enrich your everyday life, pursue your interests and passions at Quarto.com. Visit our site to browse and buy our beautifully illustrated books for children and adults.

and "Hot Rod Chronicle" as the name suggests a historical decade by decade overview of the movement featuring the most prominent examples of their era. Sounds a little like Ryan's book.

happy reading, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                        X