New German car for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New German car for me

After much thought I bought an AMG C63 yesterday in preference to an M3 BMW.

After picking it up today all I can say is wow!
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Is that compared to the Pulsar you were driving yesterday??
    MichaelJapp
    71E
    Typ901 #065
    EarlyS #798

Comment

Clyde,

The pre-purchase decision was worth at least a TYP901 poll
      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

what happened to the M5?!?
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Photos please

Comment

Good choice, Clyde.
            Damian Royce
            TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Click here for the HQ version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOF8luk_TwAThe Top Gear boys are out in force attempting to review supercars in Spain. Who will...

AMG C63 vs M3 vs Audi RS4
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                ......all I can say is wow!
                Former Carlton footballer Percy Jones, has a "W" tattooed onto each cheek of his arse...............his nickname is "WOW"
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
                  Former Carlton footballer Percy Jones, has a "W" tattooed onto each cheek of his arse...............his nickname is "WOW"
                  Peter - You do realise you were typing out load don't you .
                  Marcus
                  TYP901 Member #81
                  1972 911E

Comment

All this came about as I have sold my RS..having decided to pay off some debt and to head more modern with my toys, with one exception the 69S although it may too make way for a 993 turbo perhaps.

I was dead set on the M3/M5 after having a great run with the 540 M spec I bought a couple of years ago.

I drove a few, loved them all, although I preferred the 4 door M5 over the 2 door M 3 (didn't like the look of the 4 door M 3)

I went to look at a couple at a prestige dealer here in Melbourne who also had a Mercedes C63 for sale. It looked good so I rang fellow member Mark Johnson who has one and he raved about his so I started thinking about them.

I made an offer to buy an M5 on Friday which was neither accepted or rejected as someone was coming from Darwin on Monday to view it and was going to pay more than me. They were going to ring me back on Monday if it didn't sell.

As luck or bad luck would have it both my kids had cars written off in our hailstorm of 2 weeks ago so this weekend I needed to buy 2 cars and the search took me far away from home to the North side of Melboune at a place called Werribee.

I didn't buy a car for the kids there but while I was there I visited the Honda dealer who just happened to have a C63 for sale.

It was the dealer principals car, one of 3 AMG Mercs he owns, its never been in the rain, even the inside rims of the wheels were totally clean, totally as new in every respect with 10,000km on clock so I drove it and did a deal on the spot.......sorry BMW dealers!!!!!

I did manage to buy the kids a car each so I bought 3 cars for the weekend...thats a record even for me!!!

Pics later spent most of today sitting in the car just hitting the thorttle very now and then

The noise is intoxicating and it goes like nothing I have driven the instant you hit the go pedal.

I talked to a merc dealership today and they suggested on the quiet I could get another 40kw with a power chip....like it needs it but it has the same speed currently as the much bigger and heavier E63 so they hasd to be holding something back.. I read it is a detuned version of the CLK 63 motor.

All I can tell you so far is that its steering is light and responsive, it goes like the clappers, has lots of gadgets, looks good and I am very happy with my choice but I have bought my own petrol station to keep the supplies up!!!
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Michael,

That Pulsar was really the Merc in disguise couldn't you tell by the way I pulled awy from you!!!!!!

That car is a write off, over 500 small dents, we got pelted with smaller hail (half golf ball size) and apparently if there are heaps of small dents the dent guys charge way too much to get them all out so write off it is, we had just come back from buying a car for my son.

Car looked good love those black rims!!!
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

thanks Clyde, it certainly wasn't in a "Boyer" state of clean, ridden hard & put away wet! Now to sort out the electrics...
                        MichaelJapp
                        71E
                        Typ901 #065
                        EarlyS #798

Comment

Pics from the web this is also my colour.
                          Attached Files
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

You are right Clyde. Go and speak with Peter Fitzgerald, as he was talking to me about the C63 and what they have gotten out of them with very little work. It is amazing, and quite rediculous all at the same time

RS4 is a pretty sweet ride too, a mate sold his as he got sick of everyone wanting to drag him at the lights! Clyde.... mental note. Do not be suckered in!!
                            Alex Webster
                            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Oh as for "black rims" - all the cool kids have them now!!!
                              Alex Webster
                              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
                              X