Are there too many Porsche Magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there too many Porsche Magazines?

Are there too may Porsche magazines on the market? Just when you thought that all the bases where covered in the world of regular Porsche magazine publications, I see on the stand today another one! Yes it's called Classic Porsche, a quarterly offshoot of 911 & Porsche World. It loosly focuses on "Classics" with some good articles on buyer pitfalls, 911's of all sorts and future classics like the 993! I can't help but feel though i've seen some of these articles before... Enjoy.http://www.pitstop.net.au/view/magaz...ery/plu/23119/
    Costas
    95 993 Carrera Coupe
    & a lesser 14 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L TDI bi turbo (Daily Drive)

My wife bought me a subscription to 911 and Porsche World for our first wedding anniversary - celebrated of course by gifts of paper as many of you seasoned husbands would know. I bought her a photo album into which I suggested she could put pictures of the Porsche. Another lesson about relationships learned. I liked the magazine. The only thing missing is an Australian perspective. It's all UK. For the third wedding anniversary [leather] I'm hoping for new rear seat straps. Fingers crossed.
    Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Stuttgart View Post
      ..... For the third wedding anniversary [leather] I'm hoping for ........ Fingers crossed.
      No comment ..............but good luck.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I've got #10 coming up... What do I demand?
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
          I've got #10 coming up... What do I demand?
          A tin whistle.........and then learn to play Dixie.
          Oops, sorry John, was just remembering my tenth
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901

Comment

No chance you could remember your 10th
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by costass View Post
              Are there too may Porsche magazines on the market? Just when you thought that all the bases where covered in the world of regular Porsche magazine publications, I see on the stand today another one! Yes it's called Classic Porsche, a quarterly offshoot of 911 & Porsche World. It loosly focuses on "Classics" with some good articles on buyer pitfalls, 911's of all sorts and future classics like the 993! I can't help but feel though i've seen some of these articles before... Enjoy.http://www.pitstop.net.au/view/magaz...ery/plu/23119/
              Yes Costass as you probably know Keith Seume also writes for the other two CHP mags so there is overlap. Classic Porsche edition 3 now out in the UK. I check out content before buying as there are articles duplicated within two months in both GTPP and 911 etc. I've subscribed to Excellence - $US25 for 9 issues =about $A54 inc postage for 9 issues. Articles have really improved recently. Only complaint is that it often hits the shops before coming in the mail, but at $6 an issue versus $15 in the shops I'm happy to wait a week or two.

Comment

On a similar topic, I've just ordered the following books from Amazon;

1. Porsche 911 Red Book - Patrick Pertaine
                2. Porsche - The Road from Zuffenhausen - Dennis Adler
                3. The 911& 912, A Restorers Guide to Authenticity - Dr Johnson
                4. Buying, Driving and Enjoying the Porsche 911 & 912 - Schrager & Maltby

I know many of you have nos. 1 & 3 and they appear to be standard reference books, however, no.2 has good reviews and I think no. 4 may just be a good coffee table book........along with the 20 or so others that I have.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Aah Peter good choice but when will it end. I am sure Sara is suss to the extent my Porsche library has grown over the last few years. I keep putting it down to a cheap second hand junk shop where the little old volunteer lady (Margo) behind the counter loves me and sells books by the metre. I think this is running a little thin....when will the deception end?
                  Last edited by costass; 23-09-10, 08:54 PM.
                  Costas
                  95 993 Carrera Coupe
                  & a lesser 14 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L TDI bi turbo (Daily Drive)

Comment

Working...
                  X