Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rennsport V 2015 USA

I'm going hell or high water...

I've cranked up a little thread over on ESR as a way of monitoring its approach and indentifying any 'life hacks' to make it easier for more enjoyable for anyone attending from Oz.

No, I have no idea what the date will be... But rumours I've heard indicate mid-October next year and probably Laguna Seca? But so keen am I to be there I'm cranking this thread up regardless :D After sending my lovely wife to NYC with girlfriends last year I have "one in the bank" and intend to cash in for the Rennsport event whenever it may be. I shall also be directing Australian friends to this thread as convicts tend to like travelling in numbers, and I think with enough notice and

I know the event becomes a behemoth as it gets closer and securing accomodation needs to be a priority unless you're okay with daily travel to Monterey (presuming Laguna Seca gets the nod again). This is where economies of scale can work too if there is a few people all prepared to share accom/vehicles etc... Combine the trip with a return through Las Vegas, and it could be one hell of a trip

Cheers
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

"2's in"

I've already advised GOC Home Command that I intend to go...

I did one day at RR 4, and it was mind blowing.

I managed to scrounge a passenger ride for the parade laps (in an Oxford Blue 73S no less), and I later found out that I was very fortunate to get a ride. Therefore everybody needs to find an Early S / R Gruppe / PCA buddy to hold a seat for them!

At risk of duplicating another possible RR 4 photo thread, I won't post pictures to whet any appetites (unless somebody needs a couple of 'motivational pics' to be posted to this thread)

Comment

Motivational Pics? Yes please

Comment

Motivational pics required!

The wife is heading overseas with her girlfriends on June the 13th so therefore, I figure I'm good to go

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Okay, you asked for it...

Yep, that is what you think it is... a 50c tennis ball allowing extra air to the $250k quad cam engine...

Flamethrowing pipes?

Comment

Working...
          X