Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car detailing question

need some advice:

one of the less pleasant parts of parenting - projectile kid vomit in the back seat of the family car. guess i should count myself lucky we got through 4.5 years before the first event...

we've mopped and wiped the obvious stuff (carpet + leather)... but it still stinks! any ideas on deoderisers or the like?

whilst I'm at it... any thoughts on getting rid of sunscreen smudges on the leather (?) trim on the doors?
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Leatherique Pristine Clean on the leather. Vomit ... Get it as dry as possible and then any enzyme based cleaner to get rid of those bacteria. Nappy San?

Comment

I agree with Merv,leather cleaner and then conditioner should fix the leather. The cleaner will probably fix the sunscreen smudges also or a bit of Handy Andy on a cloth. The smell try dry bicarb soda with vanilla essence rub in and leave for a day, then vacuum, or Nil Odour(lots) and close up over night. IF this all fails, it's probably a steam clean and deodorize by a professional detailer. Brings back memories of my son, vomiting his chocolate milkshake in the twisty bits.
      Good Luck
      Paul M
      Last edited by PCM911T; 01-04-15, 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yep live with it until they're older and then stump up for a pro to clean
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

thanks guys. will give that a go!

R
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Richard, you might also try Preen carpet cleaner (large area), do a little colour test first. I've used it on my light colour car carpets with good results.

Paul M

Comment

The proteins and bacteria in vom, cause the smell. You need to break that down.

Comment

Our little bloke had a "number 3" in the old car. We bought a new car shortly after
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

They use this on planes when someone hurles up everywhere. Turns a gagging frenzy into a happy place in a heart beat.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X