New ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ride

Picked this up on Friday as I have had a hankering for the CLS Shooting Brake for a while now - but it was just too big a car for my current needs.

Then Benz released the CLA Shooting Brake. Perfect !

Its the 250 Sport model with 19's, 155KW and a 7 spd DCT.

Very happy so far after a trip down to Queenscliff today. The ride has vastly improved over the earlier A200 which was a bit harsh.
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Superb Phil- a friend has one which I have spent time driving. I love a Benz wagon these are fantastic cars- and quite hard to secure I was told.....

My father has a CLS63S with the high horsepower 430kw 800nm 5.5 bi turbo donk. It is an absolute unmitigated weapon.

Comment

Stu, this is my 6th Benz wagon although this ones on the smaller side. I have always loved their practicality and style. My first was a W123 280TE - such a bullet proof car.

I cant imagine how the CLA 45 would go let alone your fathers CLS63S. Its just an insane amount of HP in both cars.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
        Stu, this is my 6th Benz wagon although this ones on the smaller side. I have always loved their practicality and style. My first was a W123 280TE - such a bullet proof car.

I cant imagine how the CLA 45 would go let alone your fathers CLS63S. Its just an insane amount of HP in both cars.
        The A/CLA45's fly - an angry revvy feisty engine that you can't help but drive like you on the run from the Five-O......

The CLS-S thumps you then the torque takes over and pushes you into the back of the seat all the way up the Vr speed of a 747; it's unrelenting. A water cooled 911 turbo is light and nimble (yet still brutal) in comparison, the Benz packs a real heavyweight thump; it's a beast, and the engine note even at idle is bogantastic.

I'm on my 4th Benz wagon; infact I noted to my teenage son the other day he'd basically spent his life travelling in Benz wagons (had 4), 968CS's(x2) and 911's (x3).....

Comment

Nice car Phil. I agree on the W123 series. Great cars and the coupe is still undervalued.

An AMG A45 was one of the fastest cars up the Noosa Hill Climb last year. Auto and stock

Comment

They had a CLS63S on the showroom floor at 3 Point motors. Maybe I will go an lean on the salesman for a test drive, or a track day invite to drive one at Sandown or Phillip Island. Scary.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
              They had a CLS63S on the showroom floor at 3 Point motors. Maybe I will go an lean on the salesman for a test drive, or a track day invite to drive one at Sandown or Phillip Island. Scary.

You must- the educated word is that the 5.5biturbo will be revered as the best of the recent AMG engines (including the 6.2's), as it's soon to be replaced with the new 4.0biturbo from the AMG GT coupe......

Comment

Working...
              X