Is this an ebay scam???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an ebay scam???

I have a large set of timber gates at the top of my driveway that I'm looking to automate- in anticipation of eventually getting my car actually mobile. To that end, I have been looking at some Simtech automatic solar swing gate openers.

They are commonly sold new by the Sydney based Utopia for about $630- on almost permanent "sale".

Three times over the past 12 months I have seen identical new units pop up at various remote Australian locations for around $390-$420. (Even using the same pics as Utopia.) Even though I firmly believe that "if it looks to good to be true....." I have bought them then emailed the oddly named sellers for more details- before actually paying for them.

There is never a reply and item is mysteriously withdrawn from sale as "no longer available".

Here is a link to a suspect site. (Not sure if it will work since I already "bought it".)

This seller is called nate colebe from Port Julia and a previous one was named Grye Kniwbs from Lake Innes.

I'm sure they are scams but I can't work out how they work as they offer Ebay buyer protection and and I have Paypal protection...

Has anyone had the same experience? None of my mates have been able to shed any light.

PS. Not sure if I explained that very well- I didn't get stung- but I didn't get any openers either....
    Last edited by 72_sporto; 21-09-15, 08:23 PM.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Hi Bill,

Wen shopping on eBay it is best to steer clear of sellers with zero feedback selling stuff at a price that is too good to be true.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

I think these sellers are really from Port Julia and Lake Innes NIGERIA.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
      X