Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brutus Road Trip album link

Hi Guys,

Here's a link to my Facebook Album for the road trip. You can access it regardless of whether you are on FB or not. If you are add me (stf996@gmail.com)!

I'll be adding photos and comments every day, so please look often.
    There are already anfew photos there . I leave in 12 hours!

Cheers,
    Sal

Quick video!

Comment

Guys, I made it to Metung and have added some pics on FB. I also Took a one handed video which I'll share when I get a good internet connection.

Brutus behaved impeccably and I hope she continues to do so. Today's drive was a little straightforward, but I kept her spinning between 4000 and 6500. No one has the right to complain when driving one of these machines. First world problem. ��

A couple of things:

Synchro on second is a tad slow, so I'm having a ball double clutching on downshifts.

Fuel gauge is stuck on 3/4 so I filled up every 200kms.

Gear knob spins around but I can't force the bugger off.

All minor things.

I'm off to the pub and will update again tomorrow!

Cheers,
      Sal
      Last edited by stf911; 09-12-15, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Goooood pub!

Comment

Sal, shoot into supercrap or repco and grab a 5L fuel caddy. You should get 400+km per tank and if it does run out - 5L should limp you into town somewhere...

Did you stop in the Bullant Brewery at Bruthen?
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Fab pub Julian. Great atmosphere this time of year.

Great idea John! I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Bullant is locked in the schedule and GPS for early or lunchtime visit tomorrow. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by stf911 View Post
              Bullant is locked in the schedule and GPS for early or lunchtime visit tomorrow. Can't wait.
              Be careful! Most of the beers have a ABV above 6%... My younger brother and I normally drag our boring tee-totalling middle brother to drive us
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Brutus is a girl?

Comment

Haha John! Do you want me to pick you up a case of something? I can drop it n your new doorstep

Comment

Yes Dirk ,

In honour of my ex girlfriends, most of whom were, if not Brutus by name, were Brutus by nature

Comment

Dont forget to fill in yr club permit book each day. The fine for being "unregistered' will certainly ruin your day.

Keep the pics rolling on FB.

(enjoying reading your adventures from Dubai !)
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thank You Phil! Yes, I'm filling it ahead a couple of days at a time .

See you soon!

Comment

Hi guys,

Had a fabulous on day two on my road trip. I woke up early and hit the road.

Fishcop, John, I didn't visit the Bullant Brewery as I wanted to start early, they weren't open and, if they were, I wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere . I plan to hit it on the return drive.

I did however take the Monaro Hwy to Eden. Wow! Thank you John. Julian, I plan to do Genoa to Mallacoota on the way back.

Thank you to all for the tips.

BTW, I'm shocked how good the drive on the Princes Hwy is - the road is really very good in terms of condition and there are quite a few bendy bits - from near Bega to Narooma was fabulous. And there are plenty of opportunities for overtaking as there are many designated overtaking lanes at reasonable intervals.

I'll never take the Hume again. Also, there are fewer trucks which makes sense.

Brutus handled herself admirably again. I forgot to tell you all that when I drove her down from Queensland last year after purchase, everything was great but the suspension was teeth shattering.

Last October I put in a set of adjustable and slightly softer Koni's as well as different bushes and now she's even better.

I also took a bunch of sound deadening and heavy things out including the rear seat backs and belts (stored). I also made some lightweight carpets a' la Fishcop (but not as good as his) and last time I weighed her, Brutus weighed 1040Kg (done on a truck weigh-bridge, so I don't know how accurate that figure is.

Anyway, the end result is that she feels really lovely and supple (dare I say it, she feels a lot like my ex 911E) and goes harder, brakes better than ever.

Which leads me to the fun part of the day:

At lunch in Bega I got talking with some female Danish tourists and they wanted a ride to Byron Bay.

I told them that I have no rear seats and that it would be dangerous, uncomfortable, not to mention illegal to have a 3rd person in the back even though I really wanted to give one of them a ride if you know what I mean .

Anyway, they started speaking in Danish and told me
                          that they'd decide one of them would come with me and the other would catch a bus.

I was really happy until I saw the designated ones backpack.

I remembered how hard I had worked to reduce Brutus' weight and decided to forego my sex life for a satisfying drive and told them it would be unfair to make one of them catch a bus.

Power to weight is king! True story. I love my car.

Facebook updated!

Cheers,
                          Sal

Comment

Photos or it never happened !
                            Cam Arnott
                            Looking for engine #6208151
                            1970 911E (Sold)
                            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                            2 x Split Screen Kombis
                            TYP 901 Register # 78
                            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam! Car photos are on FB. I didn't take photos of the tourists. Damn, this means it didn't happen

Comment

Working...
                              X