Singapore Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singapore Grand Prix

Can anyone recommend a hotel with a good view of part of the track?

I have a mates 20th Wedding Anniversary over there over the GP weekend.

Also where's the best budget bang for your buck in terms of a seated grandstand location?

Cheers!
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
    Can anyone recommend a hotel with a good view of part of the track?

I have a mates 20th Wedding Anniversary over there over the GP weekend.

Also where's the best budget bang for your buck in terms of a seated grandstand location?

Cheers!
    I know that Mark Poole gets flown over every year for this event, give him a call.

Comment

On hotels, the Fullerton (as opposed to the Fullerton Bay) sits right on the track. The ritz Carlton, mandarin oriental, pan pacific are all by the track. These room rates would reflect proximity. The old girl Raffles hotel is also close by. Marina bay sands would also offer a view. The carlton is ablock away and maybe the value trade, although probably four star.and may not make the cut for a 20 year ann. The orchard area hotels offer no view but would give decent access.

Comment

cam,
        the Swisshotel on Stamford Road has a view over the Marina Bay Float which is the southern part of the track, pretty handy to everything.
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I would stay at the Swisshotel on Stamford rd, excellent service and good location

Comment

Cam,

Any of the hotels listed are central & would work. Like everything in Singapore however they are heartbreakingly expensive that time of year especially if they have a decent view. Tickets for the GP are also very expensive. Unless you want to take a second mortgage I would suggest you save on the hotel by staying walking distance (but without a view) & spend a bit more on the seats. You can get very close to the action with a walk around ticket in the days prior to race day however on race day it's crazy so you want good tickets which are expensive.....

Let me know the dates you are in town.....would be great to catch up for a beer.

Cheers,
            Matt
            Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
            1994 993 (road car)
            1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
            1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
            PCV #528

Comment

Thanks Guys - there will be a few of us and we are debating getting one hotel room with a good view that we can all watch the race from without getting track tickets and the rest of us stay somewhere cheaper or, all of us getting decent track tickets….

Matt a beer or two will definitely be in order!
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

The Fairmont is a good option and some rooms will certainly have views of the track.
                The Fullerton is outstanding and is right on the track's edge. Not cheap though. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X