1966 Movie "Grand Prix"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1966 Movie "Grand Prix"

Someone published a pic of Francoise Hardy on Facebook and I remembered how much of a crush I had on her when I first saw her in this movie.

Lame plot but some amazing full HD widescreen footage of real Grand Prix cars with glimpses of Hill, Fangio, Brabham and Rindt.

Grand Prix by John Frankenheimer
    Following a horror crash that injures his teammate, American Grand Prix driver Peter Aron is fired and begins to drive for the rival Japanese racing t…

There is a great thread on TNF about Grand Prix - my favourite movie of all time ...

Page 33 of 38 - Grand Prix - the out-takes? - posted in The Nostalgia Forum: well, its nice to add a reply to this thread that I started all of 14 years ago! Take a look at this: http://www.coventryt...try-47-10133668

Also one on LeMans - not quite so popular only 2 pages verses 33 for Grand Prix

Page 2 of 2 - Le Mans the movie - posted in The Nostalgia Forum: Gulf claim to be growing in retail, and not the opposite.........http://www.gulfoil.c...tail/index.html

Comment

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the links. My two favourites too! And her
      Attached Files

Comment

My favourite is Eva Marie Saint, but Francoise has to be a close second.

Raced a Lotus 20 for a while - the pedal shots in Grand Prix were from the same Lotus type - made to look like various F1 cars. Grand Prix has to be the most iconic film about F1 ever, we should all be indebted to John Frankenheimer for his foresight in bringing a very difficult subject to the screen in such a way that it not only had a reasonably believable storyline, but such wonderful period shots, something never done in that era before.

Apparently when he approached Mr Ferrari with his plan for the film, Mr Ferrari said sonny, you go and make your film and we'll build race cars. BUT after the filming of the Monaco opening sequences Frankenheimer returned to show Mr Ferrari what he was trying to achieve, Mt Ferrari's reply, you tell me what you want and I'll make sure you get it ... or something along those lines.
        Attached Files

Comment

Love Eve too! Great backstory Ed.

Also, you will recall Steve M was very angry with James Garner when he heard of the plan to do Grand Prix.

I agree, it's the greatest car movie. Aren't the colours so vivid. And to think, they did it with 60's film tech...

Comment

Working...
          X