Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW Passat for sale - help sought

G'day all,

Trying to sell the attached Passat owned by a good friend (who passed away last month) for his wife. Not getting much interest. Car is in magnificent condition.

Have lowered to what seems to be a great price - based on others on carsales and the price history tool they have. (She still owes $32k on it
    and he paid $57k for it.) Now at $27,500.

Anyway, if you know anyone who wants a highly optioned 2013 Passat wagon with 2 years of VW extended warranty left. Or if you have any pointers for me on how to get some interest (very few calls after 3 weeks), please let me know.

thanks
    AV
    Andrew Vidler

72T

They are a great car Andrew. Shame about the VW emissions saga but most makers are involved. Hasn't had the same impact in Europe in my recent observations. There are some great buys at the moment here. Gumtree? The Sat newspaper is old hat but some folk still look for a car for a uni student.

Comment

there might also still be some lack of trust due to the gearbox/clutch issues (real or otherwise)?
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

That was sorted Richard by using a non-synthetic oil as I was informed. Still that is a perception out there.

Comment

Can you post on golf gti / golf r type forum?

I notice there are few members around where I live in Melbourne. They may be looking for an interesting family car?

Jr
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
            That was sorted Richard by using a non-synthetic oil as I was informed. Still that is a perception out there.

yeah, not sure the dealer service centre knew that one when we went through it...

raises the interesting question of how long the market remembers these things (and presumably how right or wrong that memory is).

Based on the level of interest in the car posted, either:
            1. there are basically no buyers (at any price, so reducing the price doesn't achieve anything)...
            2. or the price is higher than competing cars and so they get bought rather than this one. reducing the price would get a deal done.

oh, i am TERRIBLE at selling things...
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Stick to the banking Rich.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X