Garage floors - don't use Grind & Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage floors - don't use Grind & Seal

New house due to be finished in the next 2 weeks...

Thought I had epoxy for the garage floor all squared away for just after we get the keys. Even booked well in advance (about a month ago) to make sure it happened before I needed to park cars on it.

Have just been told my job has been bumped to some time early to mid november (and no guarantees of even that) due to a big job in QLD that they just couldn't pass up.

Not happy... whilst i get businesses are always chasing the biggest dollars they can, if you've taken my money and agreed a date, then surely you should honour it?

www.grindandseal.com.au - certainly wouldn't recommend their services for either residential or commercial based on my experience!!
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Unacceptable way to do business.

Life-long mate runs this company... http://lvcp.com.au/
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I will never use that company Richard. By the sounds of it they won't be around long!
      If you were closer I would give you a hand to do it.

Comment

I just emailed them Richard said I was going to use them for a 200sq m job but heard how they treated you so won't be calling them now:p
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rich, you are welcome to leave the car at my place if you like....

Cheers
          Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
          1994 993 (road car)
          1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
          1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
          PCV #528

Comment

If it's a brand new concrete floor then maybe you should look at doing it yourself. It's not rocket science and is not particularly hard work. Just need a bit of patience and a good breathing mask.

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
              New house due to be finished in the next 2 weeks...

Thought I had epoxy for the garage floor all squared away for just after we get the keys. Even booked well in advance (about a month ago) to make sure it happened before I needed to park cars on it.

Have just been told my job has been bumped to some time early to mid november (and no guarantees of even that) due to a big job in QLD that they just couldn't pass up.

Not happy... whilst i get businesses are always chasing the biggest dollars they can, if you've taken my money and agreed a date, then surely you should honour it?

www.grindandseal.com.au - certainly wouldn't recommend their services for either residential or commercial based on my experience!!
              POLICRETE did my basement floor, great service.

Marcus Shaw is the owner, speak to him.

Policrete is Melbourne's expert in pouring & polishing concrete. We work with architects, homeowners & builders looking for stylish polished concrete flooring.
              Tom Walstab
              Member #142
              911L Silver 1968
              911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
              928GTS Iris Blue 1995
              911 997 Targa 4S Black
              Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
              Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                I just emailed them Richard said I was going to use them for a 200sq m job but heard how they treated you so won't be calling them now:p

now that is friendship!!

thanks for the recommendations - will start chasing them this arvo.

R
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

made contact with Glenn at lvcp... sounds promising, so will see how we go!

R
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                  X